Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dita Von Teese

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Actually, since I am borderline obsessed with Dita's hair, I recently tweeted her asking what her favorite curling method was. She tweeted back (so starstruck, lol!) that she loves hot rollers, and she has a tutorial on Dita.net for members. Well, curiosity got the best of me and I paid the membership for the tutorial. It's a two part video she shot on her iPad in her own bathroom.

Well, I'm also dying to know what her bathroom looks like. :lol:

TheRedSquare

New in Town
I thought I paid $28, but I could be mistaken. Anyway, it was very much worth it for me.. I'm going to watch the tutorial again before canceling my membership. :)

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
After reading TheRedSquares comment about Dita having an online tutorial, I went and ordered the membership. It is
19.95 for one month with reoccurring payment but can cancel anytime
or 29.95 for a one month membership with no reoccurring bill

The tutorial is like RedSquare wrote. She does not do anything special as it is like watching LisaFreemontStreet on TY. It was worth it for me though to actual see how she does it! I just wish she didn't have black hair so the details could be seen more easily.

Also, it sucks that most of her other video clips can be downloaded, but the hair tutorial cannot.

Aside, there are some nice pics of her home in there (including a few of her bathroom which I know some of you ladies have been wanting to see...mostly just the walls/lamps).

Last edited:

Miss Stella

One of the Regulars
"Also, it sucks that most of her other video clips can be downloaded, but the hair tutorial cannot."

Well, one must pay the bills somehow!!

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
+1 :yawn:

I would have expected to see something more, um, bullet-y, and less, melon-y in the way of bras, and more high-waisted stuff. Heinie-floss, you can get anywhere.

Flicka

One Too Many
I'm especially disappointed in the lack of high-wasted garments. Low slung hipsters... *mutter*

LinaSofia

A-List Customer
yeah... not impressed! Agree with what all of you have said already. I'm surprised at how un-vintage it actually is, she has gone for the mainstream market whole-heartedly, and to be a bit cynical about it, it'll probably pay off for her in sales. Maybe she was pressured to deliver something "mass-marketable"? Because I can't imagine that she isn't a vintage underwear aficionado herself!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Maybe she was pressured to deliver something "mass-marketable"?

This is my theory, given that Target is a huge mass-marketer, and from comparing the results of her collaboration with Secrets In Lace to this stuff. We've seen things like this before, and probably even own similar items - I know I do. I looked at the blue bras and remembered the strapless bra that sits in the back of my drawer (HBC about 7 years ago). They are so similar, they could be from the same collection!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy