Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Divorce // A gift from my father

JWCoffey

New in Town
Sometime after my parents split in the mid-eighties, my father passed his wedding ring on to me. He was a jeweler for a short time and had the ring custom made by a friend when he and my mother got married. The stone is a Garnet.

I used to wear the ring in high school. It completed the godfather look I had going... God, I can't believe I did that :eusa_doh:

Has been sitting for some time now, waiting for the right occasion (or for my fingers to get a bit bigger).

Took a few shots of it the other day. Would enjoy your thoughts.

3240994706_672c147374.jpg

3240995010_22817975fc.jpg

3240156791_96fe1e8ae6.jpg

3240991778_28653043a6.jpg

Doug C

Practically Family
Yep, very nice! I'd definately be wearing it from now on if I were you.

Doug C

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had a ring made for me with a garnet. Yours is a beauty. No reason not to wear it daily. Garnet is a spectacular stone with out the pretension of a Ruby. The right cut like the one you have and the garnet is a gleaming wonder.

Enjoy.

JWCoffey

New in Town
poetman said:
A gorgeous ring with sentimental value, I'd wear it daily.
By the way, what kind of money clip is that?

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen. I have been meaning to visit my jeweler and have the ring re-sized. Your input has prompted me to get it done sonner rather than later...

Money clip was a gift from the girlfriend. Purchased at a cutlery store here in Seattle. Not vintage, but definitley has some great patina after many years of use.

poetman

A-List Customer
JWCoffey said:
Thanks for the compliments gentlemen. I have been meaning to visit my jeweler and have the ring re-sized. Your input has prompted me to get it done sonner rather than later...

Money clip was a gift from the girlfriend. Purchased at a cutlery store here in Seattle. Not vintage, but definitley has some great patina after many years of use.

Great. Good choice on the ring. Do you have a photo of the front of the money clip?

poetman

A-List Customer
JWCoffey said:
poetman - here are a few shots I took of the money clip, hope these work

3246470110_42f9395925.jpg

3245640619_bd4914ac0f.jpg

3245641365_e9d494d5e5.jpg

3246467816_cc32973b6c.jpg

Thanks. I've always liked money clips. They, like almost no other piece of jewelry, are exclusively masculine--and also more unique than wallets. My clip has the same type of mechanism. It works well and has lasted me some time now. Thanks again for the shots. I like the natural wear the clip has...adds character.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou