Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DIY: Mannequin?!?!

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Hey guys...While surfing the net I came across a very interesting guide to making a very affordable mannequin! What's even better is that the mannequin will actually be your exact body double if done correctly! Naturally, I had to try it.

My first attempt yielded a body double that's near perfect in the shoulders, but 3 inches too big in the chest (I was able to alter down to being only 1 inch too big).

Following is the link to the guide and a couple of quick pictures of the mannequin I made for myself...Perhaps later I can post body comparisons :)

Btw, I did the paper tape dress form. There are 4 methods to choose from!

Link:
http://www.taunton.com/Threads/pages/t00002_p5.asp

Pics:

DSCF0936.jpg

DSCF0934.jpg

DSCF0935.jpg

As you can see, it's running a bit big in the chest, but the beauty of this is that it's easy to alter the form to perfection once it's made! Also, I put the jacket on and took pics in a matter of 30 seconds...If I had taken the time to do a bit of pinning, it would've looked much more presentable!

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Thanks for the compliments guys! I dismantled an old lamp (very old, no idea how old though...it's also very heavy) and used its stand for the mannequin...I also altered it to be closer to my size... Pictures follow!

DSCF0937.jpg

DSCF0938.jpg

By the way, if anyone who is a size 36-37 L likes this Cheste Barrie of Saville Row 100% cashmere jacket, it's up for sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran