Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do hats get women?

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
I dunno. I can only speak for myself personally. The only men I see wearing hats are the older men in my family. I am the only female in my family that wears hat on a day other than Sunday.lol With that said, if I were to see a man wearing a fedora, I would take notice for sure. I am too shy to say anything unless he gave off an "approachable" vibe. I would just compliment him and keep stepping.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
That'd Start a Conversation, Alright!

"Around my campus, I sometimes get complimented by girls walking by on it."

Were they walking on your hat? :eek:

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Bingles said:
Certainly no more than anyone else gives in this forum.. albeit a bit different... friend.

:eusa_clap

I can't speak for any other ladies, of course, but for me, it's what's under the hat that's the draw (and no, I'm not talking about the hairstyle!).

Although, that, said, a nice hat will definitely catch my eye! ;)

Apologies for horning in on the blokes' corner, but I was just couldn't resist a sneaky peek at what y'all were saying about us!

The Good

Call Me a Cab
randooch said:
"Around my campus, I sometimes get complimented by girls walking by on it."

Were they walking on your hat? :eek:

Heh, nope. That was a bit of a slip there. What I meant was getting complimented on the hat, by girls walking by, not them walking on the hat. ;)

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tango Yankee said:
I think that women "get" hats.

I agree with that. When I wear hats that I think are good, I get looks from women (unless I am imagining it, which is possible) but it seems to me that it's not flirtation but they are checking out the style. That would be both to see if it works, and in surprise that someone breaks the ranks of clothing convention. You've got to admit, fedoras open up a lot of fashion possibilities that wouldn't otherwise be there, and also further differentiates the sexes. Think of baseball caps--both men and women wear them--the gender fashions get blurred, and I think everyone likes a move to more clearly define gender fashion territory. So all people interested in fun fashion like more possibilities and cheer on those who pioneer them. Even the scoffers are creatures to be led, and led they will be.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Fletch said:
Methinks the kind of confidence that attracts down-to-earth, quality females is not the kind that centers on the hat, but the type that radiates from the heart and the gut - the feeling of being stalwart and sure and a little opaque and aloof, even in intimate moments.

I've always loved women that are not afraid to fart like men. Dainty chicks - how did ScottF say it in the Derbynator thread? - "shall be brushed aside".

:cool:

Geesie

Practically Family
CRH said:
I've always loved women that are not afraid to fart like men. Dainty chicks - how did ScottF say it in the Derbynator thread? - "shall be brushed aside".

:cool:

I've always made it a point not to fart around people.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Geesie said:

Same here. I could never quite get that spin on 'em so I just fart directly at them. :D

--------------

Somewhat seriously, though, I have noticed time and time again that something happens to women when I wear a cowboy hat. ;) [huh] :)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Geesie said:
So do I, if at all possible.....But there was that time many years ago while on a first date at a French restaurant I chose the cassoulet. It was one of the colder nights of a Chicago winter (maybe 0°F) so it seemed an excellent choice. Well, a few hours later, halfway through an hour long drive back to the city, the beans from the cassoulet kicked in......:eek:

Hepville

One of the Regulars
danofarlington said:
I agree with that. When I wear hats that I think are good, I get looks from women
Don´t you think it´s more because you feel good and confident with the hat and clothes you are wearing and you have a better charisma as in stuff you like less?

I think for the first time meet/ attention it´s a medley from style, charism and maybe things you are doing/ saying... and after that it´s up to you to convince the lady lasting that you´re not a moron... in this case not the best hat/ clothing will help you ;)

Puzzicato

One Too Many
bunnyb.gal said:
:eusa_clap

I can't speak for any other ladies, of course, but for me, it's what's under the hat that's the draw (and no, I'm not talking about the hairstyle!).

Although, that, said, a nice hat will definitely catch my eye! ;)

Apologies for horning in on the blokes' corner, but I was just couldn't resist a sneaky peek at what y'all were saying about us!

Yup - a hat will catch my eye, but it's the man in the hat that'll make me stay. I fancy my husband rotten whether he is hatted or hatless.

Also apologies for weighing in on the bloke talk, but frankly, why ask men what gets women? A lot of men still seem to think all women are impressed by the car they drive...

elvisroe

A-List Customer
Puzzicato said:
A lot of men still seem to think all women are impressed by the car they drive...

And frankly those women, who do exist, are waaaay too high maintenance! Why bother trying to attract them?

If she's with you for your money then she aint with you, she's just stopping by.
;)

flodog

New in Town
owww owww owww owwwww this is good stuff except for the whole fart part haha...I'm gonna go hat shopping after work today and hopefully I will find something that suits me. Then I can wear it out this weekend and see what kind of reaction I get from the ladies! And forum ladies thanks for weighing in on this post your input is most appreciated!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot