Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do-rags underneath fedoras

HatSoup

Familiar Face
Post pics of bandannas/do-rags/Headbands/tenugui underneath a hat. Anybody do this? It makes you look extra cool.

107nr6u.jpg

1zeuzhk.jpg

I have a straw western that no longer has a sweatband. When working around the ranch & yard, I wear a bandana with the hat on top ala Toby Keith to keep the sweat out of my eyes & the sun off my face with the brim. Cool or looking cool does not come into play. It is about function definitely over style. A Doo-Rag would not let the top of my head breathe enough to be functional. JMHO...

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
I see nothing wrong with that idea, it looks quite nice when done properly as you seem to have done. However it only works with casual clothes IMO, and since I have very few of these I can't see myself being able to use that look.

Feraud

Bartender
I know you only cut and pasted this picture from another thread but I have to say this is a crappy thing to do to some guy simply out at the museum store.
We reek of self righteousness as we deem ourselves more stylish than others and try to prove it with sneaky cell phone photos.

Oh and I can smile just fine as I say this.

Carlisle Blues said:
Scottyrocks you are on to something......:)

IMG_01351.jpg

Do the Doo Rag and you got yourself a nice arrangement
icon14.gif

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Feraud said:
I know you only cut and pasted this picture from another thread but I have to say this is a crappy thing to do to some guy simply out at the museum store.
We reek of self righteousness as we deem ourselves more stylish than others and try to prove it with sneaky cell phone photos.

Oh and I can smile just fine as I say this.

lol lol lol lol The thing is I like the hat for the month of October lol lol lol

Dewhurst

Practically Family
Our landscapers wear do-rags underneath their straw and felt fedoras every time they work! It absorbs extra sweat and keeps some sun off the back of their necks.

They don't wear it all bunched up like in the pictures. lol They wear them the practical way.

Geronimo

One of the Regulars
I figure it could work. I don't think orange does the job too well (or maybe I have unresolved issues with the color lol). Try pocket squares, if they can go the distance. You might get a very sharp look with red silk. Or white. Or black. Or a brightish blue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80