Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do Red Wing Shoes fit the same as their boots?

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Hello,

Do Red Wing shoes fit the same as their boots? I want to get some shoes, but in my experience boots can usually be worn a 1/2 size smaller than shoes since they make them to be able to be worn with thick socks. What this means is that if this runs true for Red Wings, I wear a 8.5D boot, so I would wear a 9D shoe. Experience anyone? Thanks!

TomS

One Too Many
I have use Redwing at work. I find that the USA products run pretty true to size. The *Worx*
line is all over the place though; Use caution.

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Hey, appreciate your answer. Well... I have not owned a lot of USA made shoes. I have owned a lot of USA made boots. I have read online that boots usually run a little larger so that you can fit thicker socks in them. So... if this has not been your experience with USA made, hopefully there should be no problem.

kyboots

Practically Family
I think most people will find Red Wing boots fit the same as their shoes. Of course there may be some variance in designs made in certain countries, but boots generally will be loose so as to have slippage in the heels until it molds to the foot. Red Wings are good boots, just picked up a pair of black RedWing linemans 11" size 13D, brand new. If you are a size 11.5 Zappos has a great deal on a pair of brown engineers for $240 which is a great price, but one pair only. I would personally stick to my size on RedWings. Are you looking at an Ebay pair with no returns? Good luck on some new boots!--John

O-zone

New in Town
Red Wings are a bit of a sizing nightmare. I usually wear a 9.5. My RW Gentleman Travelers are a size 9 and fit a bit loose. I tried Iron Rangers in the same size and they were considerably too large. I ended up buying them in a 8.5, which is a snug, but not uncomfortable fit. I used to have a pair of Engineer Boots (not the Heritage ones) in size 9.5 that were a bit too tight. I'd say Red Wings tend to run large, but sizing is inconsistent between models.

TomS

One Too Many
As an aside, I just had a pair of 10 year old red wing boots that needed new soles. I brought them to a company store, and they sent them back to the factory where they re-soled them, polished them up, and added new laces. The best part...no charge!

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is why it is best to go down to the RedWing store and get fitted by a RedWing Expert. When I got fitted they gave me insoles so my boots would fit properly. Free of charge. A+ service.
My two cents worth
Johnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou