Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do sweaters dream of becoming blazers?

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I don't usually go for the more outre designs of contemporary menswear designers, but these blazers that have the look of classic sweaters from designer Junya Watanabe are sort of appealing. I don't think I'd wear one, but I kind of like the idea.

JW1W.jpg

JW3W.jpg

More examples here.

BoDiddly

New in Town
The first model must be planning on visiting a flooded area.

Cliff

The ill-fitting, too small, riding up the leg or sleeve look is very prevalent with Brooks Brothers models. I've often looked at the photos and wondered if it was intentional, or if Brooks Brothers fashionistas were trying to sell ill-fitting clothes. Although the pants I suppose I could forgive (though not as much as the above picture) the jacket sleeve which awkwardly stop 4 inches before the wrist just looks goofy. (I pick on BB, though photos of the gangly models with ill-fitting clothes runs throughout mens wear.)

MB5

One of the Regulars
I am liking those sweater blazers as well, but I can't imagine when I would wear it besides a costumed event. "When a sweater is too casual and a blazer too formal...The Sweazer."

...though photos of the gangly models with ill-fitting clothes runs throughout mens wear.)

At least they are accurately representing their clothes on the runway. That is how most clothes fit me if I try on something that fits my chest and has long sleeves.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
The first one looks kind of like a cardigan, but the second sport coat looking one doesn't look good in my opinion. I'd rather purchase A) an actual blazer, or B) a real sweater. These hybrids look a bit too tacky.

CharlieB

A-List Customer
The first one looks kind of like a cardigan, but the second sport coat looking one doesn't look good in my opinion. I'd rather purchase A) an actual blazer, or B) a real sweater. These hybrids look a bit too tacky.

I agree. To me, they look more like sweaters that are trying to be blazers, not the other way round.

bumphrey hogart

One of the Regulars
I like the idea,I love big shawl collared cardigans and the idea of having one that was a little more structured and could be worn as a jacket appeals to me. I'm afraid it would have to be a little more conservative colour and design wise though,but I think I kind of get where the designer was going, a big,comfy 'jardigan' over a polo/turtle neck,mmm?

redtag

Banned
I am a big fan of sweaters and what you shared to us are quite pleasing to the eyes. I would buy one for myself but of different color. I guess. Nonetheless, the idea is actually admirable.

Edward

Bartender
I'd wear the first one round the house, like a smoking jacket. Some of the others put me in mind of Pendletons, and might work well with a casual rockabilly look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner