Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do we like sodie pop? What do you like and what do you call it?

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
My favorites have varied over the years. When I was much younger I really loved Faygo Red Pop (a regional brand based in Michigan). I went through a Dr. Pepper phase in high school, and now I prefer Diet Coke/Coca Light, either original or the lime-flavored variety. Diet Coke, and Diet A&W Root Beer are the only two kinds of diet pop I can stand, and it took me years to accustom myself to the peculiar aspartame aftertaste. Once in a while, I enjoy a bottle of ginger ale, either Canada Dry or Vernor's (also a regional brand based in Michigan).

Now that I'm on the east coast I have schooled myself into saying soda, but generally I call it pop.

spiridon

A-List Customer
Like all of the other "Southerners" who have posted, no matter the "brand"....it is called "Coke" in my neck of the woods. One that I remember from my youth was "Bubble-Up".:)

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Polka Dot said:
When I was much younger I really loved Faygo Red Pop (a regional brand based in Michigan).

I wondered where Faygo came from. Ezelle's, a local fried chicken mini-chain (about 5 stores), sells it, and I've never otherwise seen it. I assumed it was imported as a favorite of the owner.

Shearer

Practically Family
spiridon said:
Like all of the other "Southerners" who have posted, no matter the "brand"....it is called "Coke" in my neck of the woods. One that I remember from my youth was "Bubble-Up".:)

It's all "coke" to me too, in Southern California :) How southern are you? I visited the Carolinas this year and discovered a coke called Cheer Wine. Good stuff if you like it sweet.

(Sorry it's already been brought up, I'm new here!)
-Kelly

Shearer

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
oooh Cheerwine is nice....

I pick it up at a local soda pop store that sells -everything-....all sorts of soda.....

I've been trying to rationalize the shipping cost of ordering it online!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Basically I call it soda. If I am wanting a cola, I just generically call it cola, whether it be pesi or coke.
Some times, when being silly with the kids I will call it sodie pop.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Benny Holiday said:
Mmmm, fizzy passionfruit. Talk about a sugar boost!
Oh, and it's soft drink here in Australia. It'd sound so weird hearing someone call it soda or soda pop. To us, it'd sound like some sort of cliche from Happy Days or something!:)

YES! In NZ we had one called Passitos (or some such like spelling) that was Passionfruit and it was the only fizzy drink I used to like. Sadly it has not been seen for many a year. I HATE Coke/ Coca- Cola with a passion and always have.

Kt Templar said:
I used to love R. Whites Lemonade. It had a creamy perfumed taste. But like all lemonades now it seems to have become a pale imitation of itself. It also had a great advertising campaign "I'm a secret lemonade drinker!".

We had Leed Lemonade and it was the nicest you ever had. Then we got 7 - Up about 1986 and Leed was no more. It had so much more body and flavour to it.

We always called it fizzy drink, although my Mum sometimes calls it fizzy pop. Now I'd probably call it a soft drink but I don't drink it so it's never really occured to me WHAT to call it!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Miss Sis said:
We always called it fizzy drink, although my Mum sometimes calls it fizzy pop. Now I'd probably call it a soft drink but I don't drink it so it's never really occured to me WHAT to call it!

Yea...when I lived in England with my Scottish BF....we called them Fizzy drinks...and sometimes Fizzy Lifting Drinks.....

:p

spiridon

A-List Customer
Shearer said:
It's all "coke" to me too, in Southern California :) How southern are you?
-Kelly

I'm about as "Southern" as it gets! Down here in Mobile we move very slow and speak even slower!!!lol .....and as a previous poster stated, we actually pronounce it Co-Cola.

Of course I might add, most of us tend to drink RC Cola this time of year.....to go along with all those Moon-Pies collected during Mardi Gras!!:D

Shearer

Practically Family
spiridon said:
I'm about as "Southern" as it gets! Down here in Mobile we move very slow and speak even slower!!!lol .....and as a previous poster stated, we actually pronounce it Co-Cola.

Of course I might add, most of us tend to drink RC Cola this time of year.....to go along with all those Moon-Pies collected during Mardi Gras!!:D

I've got family up in North Carolina... do you call them Yankees down there in Mobile? ;)

Forget the coke, my cousin introduced me to sweet tea. Brewing tea and sugar, whoulda thunk it! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR