Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you guys wear leather jackets at home?

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
guilty as charged. I might scar you with this visual, but in the dead of summer, boxer shorts and a leather jacket LOL.

Like most said though, mostly if it's brand new and I'm trying to get some wears on it. This year with some of the IH flannels purchases I made, I started wearing flannels instead most of the time. Much more comfortable LOL.
Been there done that.
I’ve done the sleep in the leather jacket to break it in as well. It didn’t seem very effective, I think wearing in the rain does a better job. Or hit it with the plant mister if no natural rain is available.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
used to be a SOLID yes, I also break in my jacket denim and leather alike by wearing them at home from wet to dry and also sleep wearing them whenever I feel a bit under the weather, but lately el nino made my region a living hell

used to be a SOLID yes, I also break in my jacket denim and leather alike by wearing them at home from wet to dry and also sleep wearing them whenever I feel a bit under the weather, but lately el nino made my region a living hell
I'm curious to see how that impacts winter here. Was 33 degrees this morning, so we barely escaped frost.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
If I'm at home, I'm wearing pajamas or whatever warmer weather equivalent. So no, I don't. That said, I get to wear my leather jackets to work for the majority of the year so they don't need to be broken in at home.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I wore a couple of jackets I wanted stretched. First I got into a shower in one. Then I took it off, put on a couple of bulky sweatshirts, put the jacket back on, and wore it for like 12 hours. It stretched alright. My wife didn't say anything, just looked at me.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I'm curious to see how that impacts winter here. Was 33 degrees this morning, so we barely escaped frost.
top secret nazi alien base under the ice sheet of antartica is very active atm :D

on good days we get 34C on worst day it could be 37C, I heard from neighboring coastal city the humid air there bring the temp up to 42C, maybe it's a perfect denim fading time?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I do, I do not, and sometimes i cannot stand the idea. :)

More often, they are worn outside the house, but keeping the heat lower and layering up has been helpful on the utility bills. Normally sweatshirts for me in the house.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Same here. I am a fleece convert this year. Previously I would wear my heaviest leather inside the house just to break them in. But now, it's just fleece mid layer when it gets cold. I've come to terms that there is no rush to break things in immediately. Comfort first.

Dbtk44

New in Town
I wear my leather jackets at home, once the weather cools down (Arizona).
But 99.9% of the time it's when I go outside to smoke, grab the mail, etc...usually not inside. Inside, it's sweats, hoodies, comfortable clothing. I do occasionally try 'em on just to see if they're ok, too dry, lapel got folded a funky way in the closet, stuff like that. But never just chillin'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112