Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a coat for each hat?

dnjan

One Too Many
Well not every hat, but for the hats you wear frequently?

I generally wear one of five different hats (not counting summer), and each hat goes with a specific coat/jacket.

There is a black 3/4-length coat with a black leather collar that I spent weeks searching for the correct black leather hat to go with it. (lots of garbage leather dress hats out there, but I finally found an italian-made one that was decent)

And there is a brown jacket with a dark brown Dobbs hat.

The gray overcoat goes with a gray Dobbs Carmody hat (I really like the carmody style)

And if I am wearing a brown sport coat, it gets a brown overcoat with a medium brown Dobbs Carmody (this is one of the cases in which I bought the coat to go with the hat).

The final coat is an wheat-coloured orvis 3/4-length coat that I generally wear with jeans, matched with a brown aussie hat (Barmah kangaroo).

Do others share my obsession? Or should I go back into hiding ...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The six felt fedoras that I have are compatible with around a dozen of my outerwear pieces. I'll match various flat caps and such with my other more casual outerwear. I wouldn't buy a particular hat to wear with just one coat, they have to be more versatile.

Edward

Bartender
I like to cordinate the top layer with hat and suit, though my budget wouldn't stretch to a single hat with single overcoat level.

rumblefish

One Too Many
Each leather jacket I have has it's own hat. When I do look to buy I hat, I think like most folks, I try to figure what outfits I can put together that I can wear it with.

dnjan

One Too Many
Feraud said:
Much to my wife's annoyance I have nearly as many overcoats as I do hats.
I got my wife a new full-length coat around Christmas, and it significantly reduced the number of comments concerning the amount of space I am taking up in the hall closet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner