Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Doran said:
This is my first time on this thread. I was only barely aware of its existence.
All the controversy about Lounge crushes (how anyone could have a crush on someone they never met impresses me -- my imagination is not vivid enough to do that, and it's pretty vivid) aside --

I have a crush.
She's the cutest girl I have ever met ...
Rather chubby, very talkative although inscrutable.
The softest skin in the world.
A swaying walk like a mechanical monkey.
Deep, dark eyes, a ready smile, a most infectious laugh.
She has a tendency to cry, though ...

I have a crush on my 13 month old daughter. My wife has a crush on her too! So do many people who meet her.
Neither my wife nor I can stop kissing her bald little head.
Those little chubby limbs! See picture at left.

Here is to little Dominika and the biggest crush I (or my wife) ever had!

She fortunately appears to look nothing like her father. ;)

It's amazing, babies are perhaps the most common miracle, but each one is insurpassable in its own way. For any father (or uncle :D ) of a girl or girls, his ability to appreciate any other women than his wife and daughters (or nieces) becomes rather thin rather quickly.

Congratulations, even now, daddy Doran. :eusa_clap

Harp

I'll Lock Up
megagene said:
Well I don't tend to crush on "famous" people very much, but if I had to pick two, I'd go with:

celebrity chef, Nigella Lawson:
Nigella400x233.jpg

Her British accent just sweetens the deal...

A lovely English rose. :)

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
For a lot of us, it's based on assumptions--that what we're seeing in text and posted photos is pretty much the real deal. (In my case, it's largely based on high confidence that someone on for something stupid would pick a less-dangerous target that also has more to offer... plus the very limited "pattern-analysis" I do on all of you trying to get a rough sense of people's character. Jack and Feraud weren't the only ones who went on "point" about a certain unnamed "ex-Lounger of 1000 Faces", for example...)

Bottom line, if she has good character and any kind of looks, she's crushworthy in my book.

You can assume whatever you want, but if you don't actually know someone, their words can mean anything to anyone. Everyone sees our words differently. What might be pert to someone, may be highly annoying to someone else. So if you don't know someone, you are just making them into what you want them to be. If someone isn't what you thought, are they a fake, or were you wrong?

panamag8or

Practically Family
Miss Brill said:
You can assume whatever you want, but if you don't actually know someone, their words can mean anything to anyone. Everyone sees our words differently. What might be pert to someone, may be highly annoying to someone else. So if you don't know someone, you are just making them into what you want them to be. If someone isn't what you thought, are they a fake, or were you wrong?

Honestly, you'd be wrong. If someone turns out not to be what you thought they would when you met them, it's not their fault. The problem that I see today, is that people don't have much patience for the little things; things that can be overlooked. Maybe it's unrealistic expectations.[huh]

Sarge

One of the Regulars
Fletch said:
Betty Hutton!!1!
Goofy, sweet, glamorous, and built!
137.jpg

I second Betty Hutton. She was cute as a button. :)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pz7dZ9Q3K-E&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pz7dZ9Q3K-E&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
Diamondback said:
Indeed--those looks, that sense of humor, and cooks to boot! If only she weren't...
1. married and
2. of sufficient age to pass for my mother... I mean, the "older woman" thing has some limits, ya know?
My word, she is only about a year older than my crush. All the more for me, I say. :( My crush is also married.

TheDutchess

One of the Regulars
I have a new crush and its been really bothering my lately so i must confess this immediately or i'll just burst.
I have a crush on....All the men in the Fedora Lounge. What gal can resist a bunch of well dressed men who are gentlemen AND can formulate intelligent conversations at the same time, I love this place!

mike

Call Me a Cab
Sarge said:
I second Betty Hutton. She was cute as a button. :)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pz7dZ9Q3K-E&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pz7dZ9Q3K-E&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I absolutely agree!!! One step away from a looney tune but I've had a big crush on her for years! :D

mike

Call Me a Cab
M Tatterscratch said:
lol :eusa_clap lol :eusa_clap lol

Yow! What a doll! Such cute mannerisms! I'll bet she was a load of fun...

She gave a really intense interview with Robert Osborne as an old lady. She had a lot of serious hardships over her life and yet was an absolute doll, life didn't break her - even though it tried. You really just wanted to take this old lady and hug her by the end of the interview. It's on Turner Classic Movies occasionally, it's a must see!

Jovan

Suspended
TheDutchess said:
I have a new crush and its been really bothering my lately so i must confess this immediately or i'll just burst.
I have a crush on....All the men in the Fedora Lounge. What gal can resist a bunch of well dressed men who are gentlemen AND can formulate intelligent conversations at the same time, I love this place!
Who, me?

Ecuador Jim

A-List Customer
TheDutchess said:

WooHoo....everyone gets a vote! :D

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
LocktownDog said:
And? C'mon ... don't leave us hanging!

Richard

Well, I'm still on the SandRG-L thread! But he did make quite an effort to make sure I could come out last night--the visit followed a text message and a voicemail that I didn't answer 'cause my phone was off. It was nice and cozy, a jam session with his friends at midnight.

So...maybe. Maybe!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner