Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

Pilotguy299

One of the Regulars
and the really wise don't reveal it to the other person

Miss Neecerie said:
.... everyone has crushes...the wise do not divulge them to the masses.

In a not too direct way I did the other day. she said "I know, I'm not stupid" and then right off topic and never a word about any feelings for me.

devastating...

freebird

Practically Family
Pilotguy299 said:
In a not too direct way I did the other day. she said "I know, I'm not stupid" and then right off topic and never a word about any feelings for me.

devastating...

ouch,that really stinks. The old "let's be friends" routine. Been through that one enough to last a lifetime.

Pilotguy299

One of the Regulars
tell me about it

freebird said:
ouch,that really stinks. The old "let's be friends" routine. Been through that one enough to last a lifetime.

I dont mind the friends thing too much, since that's really all that can happen anyway. But what's really killin me is that she still expects me to open up about everything! When I know I'm starting to get emo I try to step back and not be so open, as it only makes me feel more. She knows why the brick wall comes up but pushes for me to talk anyway and gets upset when I dont. And, of course, it only needs to be one way.

freebird

Practically Family
Pilotguy299 said:
I dont mind the friends thing too much. what's really killin me is that she still expects me to open up about everything! When I know I'm starting to get emo about something I try to step back and not be so open, as it only makes me feel more. But then she pushes for me to talk and gets upset when I dont.

Been there, it isn't easy. I was accused of having "put up a brick wall"to keep my emotions in check. I probably did do that, but it was the easiest way of not getting hurt.

Pilotguy299

One of the Regulars
freebird said:
Been there, it isn't easy. I was accused of having "put up a brick wall"to keep my emotions in check. I probably did do that, but it was the easiest way of not getting hurt.

When I try to keep it in control and not venture into areas of discussion that bring up feelings, I get the "why the brick wall" response, and then she gets upset.

I just wish I knew what I could do right.

Any suggestions appreciated...

freebird

Practically Family
Pilotguy299 said:
When I try to keep it in control and not venture into areas of discussion that bring up feelings, I get the "why the brick wall" response, and then she gets upset.

Wish I had some suggestions, So far I'm 44 and still single...although I've been told that I'm a good listener and that I would make "someone" a good husband lol. The ones who've said that have all been married btw.

Feraud

Bartender
Pilotguy299 said:

Forget her and move on to someone who is interested.

Ben

One of the Regulars
Feraud said:
Forget her and move on to someone who is interested.

Pilotguy299, this is the best advice you are going to get on this topic.

It sounds like she is using your crush to feed her ego. Move on, you don't need a "friend" like that.

She will move on once she finds someone else to fill the need.

Pilotguy299

One of the Regulars
wow

Ben said:
Pilotguy299, this is the best advice you are going to get on this topic.

It sounds like she is using your crush to feed her ego. Move on, you don't need a "friend" like that.

She will move on once she finds someone else to fill the need.

A reply from where she lives no less...

I'm not even looking/wanting someone else anyway. But you and Feraud are both right and I shouldn't let it bother me so. It's tough when she keeps tryin so hard.

oh well.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
katiemakeup said:
I was just thinking about someone from my 'dead celebrity boyfriend club' when it dawned on me that everyone has a crush from time to time~real or harmless... maybe it's a screen idol from the Golden Era, someone you work with or even a passer-by.

Do you daydream about anyone or anytype of person? Do you think they are healthy or dangerous? Any crush stories? Hmmm.....

I have been thinking about this a lot in the past year because I have a gigantic crush on Nick Cave and this summer I realized how unhealthy it really is because I could not stand to miss him play a concert on Roskilde, the thought made me cry. So in July I went and bought a very expensive Roskilde ticked just to see that one concert. I sat in line for 6 hours to get in first. I got to flirt with him from the first row so it was worth it, but I was quite heartbroken afterwards because I "missed" him. I just can't get enough. And the same thing happened back in May when I saw Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds in concert as well. I really think it's pathetic and unhealthy and I hope my infatuation will stop someday. Until then, yeah, I will keep dreaming.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase said:
I have been thinking about this a lot in the past year because I have a gigantic crush on Nick Cave and this summer I realized how unhealthy it really is because I could not stand to miss him play a concert on Roskilde, the thought made me cry. So in July I went and bought a very expensive Roskilde ticked just to see that one concert. I sat in line for 6 hours to get in first. I got to flirt with him from the first row so it was worth it, but I was quite heartbroken afterwards because I "missed" him. I just can't get enough. And the same thing happened back in May when I saw Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds in concert as well. I really think it's pathetic and unhealthy and I hope my infatuation will stop someday. Until then, yeah, I will keep dreaming.

Awww, I bet he is pondering about the gorgeus girl with the beautiful eyes who looked so out of this world beautiful, in the front of his concert though..

Celebrity crush: I used to have a huge crush on Conan O'brien :D

Naama

Practically Family
Darhling said:
Awww, I bet he is pondering about the gorgeus girl with the beautiful eyes who looked so out of this world beautiful, in the front of his concert though..

Celebrity crush: I used to have a huge crush on Conan O'brien :D

Conan O'brien, Nick Cave? What's going here? It seems like there are a lot of girls into "unconventional beauty" lol

Naama

Edward

Bartender
Naama said:
Conan O'brien, Nick Cave? What's going here? It seems like there are a lot of girls into "unconventional beauty" lol

Naama

Don't knock that.... seriously. any chance of me ever having a relationship is ridin' on that sort of thing. :p

Eyemo

Practically Family
Almost had a Crush tonight... Carrying Bens fantastic Anderson Shelter to the back of my Van... Cheers Ben!! excellent!.. (sorry off topic)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Yeah, I always fall for the guys who look somewhat off and unconventional. Sure, I can admire some conventionally handsome men as well, but I have never really fallen in love with such a guy myself. There's just something about those quirky guys with amazing and mysterious personalities. Yes, I even love Nick Cave with his recently acquired crazy moustache! And his wife is just amazingly striking, lucky girl her, she always looks so in love when she is photographed with him. *sigh* I'm such a hopeless Nick Cave fangirl... He just has that something, and I think he gets it from all the crazy personas he creates in his songs.

Darhling, Conan O'Brien? You have to explain that one. ;) What is it about him?

nick_cave_web14.jpg

SNF07SEED4_280_447804a.jpg

Me in the front row at Roskilde, anticipating the man with my man:
2639135806_b68f9d37cf.jpg

And here he is, just for me:
2639137380_5ee403a61e.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24