Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a Throat Latch on your Aero?

holdencain

One of the Regulars
I have an Aero halfbelt on order. One item I did not specify was a throat latch. I was wondering how many folks actually use the throat latch, or is it more an accent piece to add interest. And of the different designs, what do you prefer and why?
Thanks,
HC

Peacoat

Bartender
My WWII peacoat has the throat latch, but I never use it. The A-2 is the same. Just not real practical unless the weather is very cold, the wind is blowing and there is no scarf available. I might use it then.

Edward

Bartender
I ordered one on my Bootlegger. I never use it and it's rarely ever seen, BUT I enjoy having it there as a detail and will order it again on future jackets. My Thirties Halfbelt lacks one as I bought the jacket in the sale section, at a significant saving.

Windward

Practically Family
I also ordered one on my next (winter) Windward because in bad cold I like to close my mouton collar completly to feel warm and cosy . . . like this . . .

Troatlatch.jpg

Peacoat

Bartender
I had forgotten about my G-1s until I saw Windward's post above. Both of my military G-1s have the throat latch, while my civilian LL Bean G-1 does not. Of my two other police/military jackets, one has the throat latch, and one does not. None of my motorcycle jackets has the latch.

Tadite

Familiar Face
The only throat latches I like are the hidden ones. I've always had a thing against the ones that just hang-out randomly hitting something for no good reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21