Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do you have many friends?

DNO

One Too Many
I seem to get a new set of friends as my milieu or circumstances change. Grade school friends were replaced by new high school friends who were, in turn, replaced by university friends. University friends ended up being replaced by work friends. Recently retired, I'm sort of wondering if this trend will continue. I've had the same group of five or six friends for a good 30 years now.

Who knows what will happen? I've always been somewhat of an introvert.

BettyMaraschino

Familiar Face
I don't really have many people I would consider friends, maybe 3 possibly 4 people. Recently, I lost a lot of people who said they were my friend. The reason for this? I moved in with my other half. These people proved themselves not worthy of my time anymore, as I feel a true friend would stood by me. (and the true friends have)
The time before this I lost many "friends" because I moved to London from Newcastle. They started talking about me behind my back, I moved on from them.
Acquaintances, I have many. Friends not so much.

One of my closest friends I only ever see each other at gigs or in a pub haha!
Yay for true friends!!:love:

djd

Practically Family
Having moved around the county a fair bit, from Kent, to London, to Newcastle and then to Belfast I've lost touch with far too many good people. Also having split up with half a dozen serious partners over the years, I've lost friends on each occasion. Thirdly, I find it much easier to be friends with females than males on the whole and this tends not to go down well with wives / partners.

I have a very low threshold for pointless chit-chat about nothing. I like to talk about things that I find interesting and although that covers a wide range of topics it still doesn't tend to happen that much in my work environment where I spend most of my time.

So - not many! :)

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Me too. I can count my true friends on one hand. And sadly, none of them live anywhere near me. Guess that's why I'm on here socializing so much! ;0

I've lost a lot of friends in the past few years also. Sad.

X
BD

I have a very small handful of close friends but then there's a lot of my fellow collectors who enjoy the same hobbies as me who are in an intermediate class. They're much more than acquaintances yet not quite in the friend category as I only see them once a month at the various shows I go to. And I've known many of them for years.

Last edited:

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Finding myself near friendless here lately. One good friend I've met again through facebook. We reconnected after high school, but I find myself not really wanting to hang with her friends or interested in the same things. It's becoming increasingly difficult since we can't even agree on movies to go to, or where to go many times.

Guess that's why I'm here too, looking for people who have similar interests. :)

Justin B

One Too Many
I don't really do friends. You're either an aquintance or family I've chosen.

And Mae, if you're ever on my side of town give me a ring...I'll take you to see a show. ;)

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Also in the "few friends" club. And none who share my interest in vintage. :(

It's a shame we can't all live within driving distance.

Whatever happened to the "Making our own Town" thread?

djd

Practically Family
Absolutely! If you're surrounded by other mad people you begin to mistake yourself for normal.... and that's the best anyone can hope for in life ;)

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
I don't really do friends. You're either an aquintance or family I've chosen.

And Mae, if you're ever on my side of town give me a ring...I'll take you to see a show. ;)

Too bad there's no theatres around here that show old time movies. lol Not one's I know of, anyways. :(
If I'm way up that way, I'll let ya know. ;)

Also in the "few friends" club. And none who share my interest in vintage. :(

It's a shame we can't all live within driving distance.

Whatever happened to the "Making our own Town" thread?

Ah, a town of vintage lovers!! Great idea! I agree, too bad we don't all live closer. :p

Absolutely! If you're surrounded by other mad people you begin to mistake yourself for normal.... and that's the best anyone can hope for in life

Mad, you say? :D We're all mad here...

Last edited:

DoolittleRaider

Familiar Face
Too bad there's no theatres around here that show old time movies. lol Not one's I know of, anyways. :(
If I'm way up that way, I'll let ya know. ;)

im in grand prairie and we have the Uptown Theatre. During the summer they show some vintage movies, like on July 7th they are showing Breakfast at Tiffanys and on the 21st they are showing Some like it Hot.

may i offer a get together to go check it out? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana