Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do you have many friends?

Also in the "few friends" club. And none who share my interest in vintage. :(

It's a shame we can't all live within driving distance.

Whatever happened to the "Making our own Town" thread?

Isn't it funny the way things turn out? One of my closest friends whom I've known since high school has very little in common with me as far as interests and tastes.

Justin B

One Too Many
im in grand prairie and we have the Uptown Theatre. During the summer they show some vintage movies, like on July 7th they are showing Breakfast at Tiffanys and on the 21st they are showing Some like it Hot.

may i offer a get together to go check it out? :D

Sure. We should do a DFW meet sometime, that might be a good opportunity to enjoy some like minded company. That way we all make new friends. (See, I was coming back around on topic.)

DoolittleRaider

Familiar Face
Sure. We should do a DFW meet sometime, that might be a good opportunity to enjoy some like minded company. That way we all make new friends. (See, I was coming back around on topic.)

awesome, sounds like a swell time. the uptown is gorgous and is just booming with vinatge flair, perfect for a meet and greet.

haha, :D i see youre a tangent thinker too, meaning that you go off on a different subject but somehow get back on que.:eusa_clap

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
im in grand prairie and we have the Uptown Theatre. During the summer they show some vintage movies, like on July 7th they are showing Breakfast at Tiffanys and on the 21st they are showing Some like it Hot.

may i offer a get together to go check it out? :D

Really? COOL! Er, or whatever the vintage word for "cool" is. lol I had no idea Grand Prairie had vintage anything. Would love to meet and greet with some like-minded people. :D

& Justin I'm forever :eek:fftopic:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Smashing....
Is that correct?
I have friends all over due to the internet and common interests.
At the same time, I have some in town mostly from work. (when you've worked in the same entity for 23 years, you meet people...)
But those in my past, that I haven't seen for years, I'd still help out if they needed it.
I'm just wired that way I guess.

TheValk

New in Town
Hi flat-top

I read your post with interest. When our daughter was about 2 a very elderly woman stopped us in the street and admired her in her pusher. She said to us 'It goes so fast'. My daughter is now 28, and I get what she meant. She was right.

Just a thought.

Derek WC

Banned
My only real friend lives in Calgary, Canada (thanks, FL), but I live in Oregon, and in a year I'm moving to Wisconsin - so long, acquaintances.

Last edited:

Hey_Laaaaaady!

Familiar Face
I'm friendly with just about everybody, but I have to know someone a long time before I can open up to them. Thus, I have one very best friend, a small circle of really good friends with the same interests, and a wider circle of acquaintances on the internet, with the same interests. I'm happy that way. :) I'd much rather have fewer, but more understanding friends, rather than a large impersonal circle of acquaintances.

I think the internet has really been helpful as far as finding people with the same interests...you can make friends really easily because it's likely there aren't that many people in your area who enjoy the same thing that you do. For instance, I like living history, sewing, historical clothing, old movies, (of course) vintage, not to mention many other things, and it's been wonderful to talk with and glean inspiration from so many varied people on the internet. :)

Mae Croft

Familiar Face
Well, I live in a very small town and have for about 16 years so I pretty much know everyone. Unfortunately, and yes I know how hateful this sounds lol, I basically can't stand any of them for any decent amount of time. I have a small, close knit group of friends that I speak to regularly but after highschool we physically all went our separate ways so I'm at best in a group of three or four at any given time, if I'm in a group at all. I find I can't really relate to most people, we don't understand each other and when I am in a group that's made up of people in this town or county I end up offended by the things they talk about (not really racially, religiously or sexually diverse out here). It's easier for me if I nod, smile and wish them a nice day. ;)

Derek WC

Banned
I know what ya mean, Faith, although my case is probably more severe. I cannot stand being around any single person for too long, at least anybody I know, and for some reason if I am I get incredibly irritable - nothin' a week with the soggy earth on top of a mountain with nothing but the birds to keep me company can't fix though. I've also been called a prude, stuck up, morally outrageous kind of person who wants to be the hellfire and brimstone kind of preacher, which could probably be part of the reason.
(See the profile picture - William H. Hays)

Last edited:

Mae Croft

Familiar Face
I wouldn't worry too much what other people think. Not to get in any way political, but my grandpa used to say that if you have left without right or right without left then your boat's going to go in circles, lol. It takes all kinds, whatever people may say about you, you seem nice enough to me and what else matters?

Derek WC

Banned
"you seem nice enough to me"

I've always wondered what it is like to get a comment, thanks! lol

I don't let what people say get to me, and I don't plan on it. I ain't granola.

Justin B

One Too Many
I used to work with an old guy that any time I said "It takes all kinds" would look me dead in the eye and say, "Son, there may be all kinds...but it darn sure don't take 'em".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko