1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Do you think it is sexy if a man dresses in Vintage clothes?

Discussion in 'The Powder Room' started by themarilynadventures, Jun 9, 2012.

1. chanteuseCarey

chanteuseCarey Call Me a Cab

Yes, again to clothes needing to fit properly. Even though my bf got the correct sizes of his two vintage tuxedos, they straight away went to the tailors (the tailor the vintage dealer recommended) for him to have that perfect fit for him. My bf rarely dresses in dress clothes for his job, but does when he goes out. He has chosen clothes that fit his body well, in styles and colors that suit him best, one of the (many) things I first noticed about him as we started seeing other. A man that feels comfortable and confident in his clothes and carries himself well in whatever he chooses to wear is lovely thing...

2. Stormy

Stormy A-List Customer

Vintage-dressed men are the sexiest of all to me. It just makes a statement that the man is not a follower. One of the sexiest things I've ever witnessed occured when I went with my best friend to visit her cousin in Arizona. He's a big fan of Bogie, and his entire house is decked out in a discontinued Thomasville series of Bogart furniture. WOW! It was incredible. His floor plan is perfectly designed for it, and the place is abosolutely breathtaking. I told him that he should charge folks to come in and see it. His style of dress is not completely vintage but has a Golden Age flair.

3. chanteuseCarey

I remember the print ads for that line of furniture when it came out. Yes, WOW!!

4. Stormy

Stormy A-List Customer

Yeah, I'd love to see a ladies' furniture line similarly designed in honor of someone from the Golden Age.

5. Stormy

Stormy A-List Customer

Wow! What a looker ;)

6. chanteuseCarey

Now that my dancing sweetheart has two vintage DB tuxedos (he's my Fred, I'm his Ginger), can't wait until the day he gets a vintage tailcoat, vest and tie for that exquisite white tie look...:)

7. chanteuseCarey

Do I look like I think my fella looks sexy in vintage clothes here?? You bet!!

from last night, 4/5/2013
    [​IMG]
    from October 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  8. chanteuseCarey

my teenage son is far too young to be thought of as sexy (yet) in his vintage clothes but he looks very dashing indeed:

My 16-1/2yo ds Daniel Charles Linsley,
    wearing his vintage late 1930s white tie and tails ensemble for the first time,
    to a prom in San Jose, CA this evening:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ruvort likes this.
  9. chanteuseCarey

Yup.

[​IMG]

10. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

Well, I've done a complete turnaround with this opinion. The "rockabilly" look does nothing for me now o_O I actually like 70s and early 80s suits now. The antithesis of this message board lol. But for women's styles my heart still belongs to the 20s and 30s <3

11. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

Suits don't do much for me -- especially if the guy wearing one is standing there posing like everybody needs to be looking at him.

On the other hand, this guy is sexy as hell. I guess you could call those vintage pants.

[​IMG]

St. Louis likes this.
  12. LolitaHaze

LolitaHaze Call Me a Cab

I am very much attracted to the vintage aesthetics of menswear! It definitely catches my eye and I do find it to be the sexiest of all menswear. However, there is no need for me to date only in that fashion pool. I have dated guys that wear fashions that I find horrendous! If it's their thing and it isn't bad, just different, there is no need for me to try to change what his style is. Especially since the chaps of vintage usually have a lady already by their side, by time I meet them.

Antje and Amy Jeanne like this.
  13. Antje

Antje One Too Many

You are so right Lolita
    Altough I think in the area I live men could try do do a bit more to themselves, I mean wearing a fleece sweater and worker boots only is not really an eyecatcher for me

14. Vera Godfrey

Vera Godfrey Practically Family

Yes and no. Clothing is not the first thing I notice on a gentleman. I certainly appreciate a vintage aesthetic and yes, if I find the gentleman attractive in other ways, it will certainly make him appear even sexier to me, but definitely not the first thing I notice.