Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

do your raw jeans kill your briefs boxers prematurely

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
since we are on the less glamorous subjects lately, I use the momentum to ask...
lately I realize I develop holes on my briefs boxer very quickly since I wear raw denim, maybe due to the fit, and material, and chainstitched crotch, and rivets, or combination of all the above it really gnawed my underpants prematurely.

I also feel with the same fit on the top area waist and hip , these raws have less seat on the back compared to my mall jeans so while they look neat when standing, it really pulls when sitting. seems like they are grinding off through the fabrics of my underpants when I sit.

am I alone in this?

"please no picture" :D

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
coming from skinny jeans probably I choose a little too tight top block for raw and paying the price, welp maybe 21oz black sulfur dyed briefs then...

Reactions: Dav

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Tobias Funke comes to mind...

u8BUUAK.jpg

Even if it does, I never took any notice of it. As long as my underwear isn't not completely falling apart, I'm happy.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
yeah I think I went too skinny fit for heavy raw... I found myself patching up by canibalizing part from another black briefs, as it develop holes less than a month
on the back and seat.

zebedee

One Too Many
Go commando. Dye your tackle indigo in six-month increments.

Perhaps, on a serious note, you could invest in thicker shorts.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Those beefy chainstitch looks like chainsaw teeth upclose, they are on the back yoke and along the crotch seam of the jeans and it is crossing the inseam with single felled zigzag edge finisher, all heavy duty construction over starched heavy cotton twill fabrics. I m slightly surprised nobody experienced it, i know i probably took a too tight fit for heavy denim, but with all the denim shrink to fit tutorial out there I thought it would be more common at least on the first few pants, these are all still my first raw denim pants, i havent retired any raw jeans before, just started wearing them since january last year:D i didnt test the water just dived head first 21 24oz down sized:D:D

LZHA

New in Town
Own over 8 pairs of raw jeans, some are 20oz, my underwears usually wear out one year with one wear per week since the fabric becomes very thin and loses elasticity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB