Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone have an Akubra Bogart?

Donato

One of the Regulars
Doctor Strange said:
We really need to see all of Akubra's greys next to one another for comparison!

Carbon Grey, Cruiser Grey, Glen Grey, Steel Grey, Moonstone, etc...

None of the existing sites show them all together, similarly lit. (The official Akubra site has some nice shots, but not all together.)
True enough, but you cannot even find that on the official Akubra website. I just PM'd another member ("Roaring Days"), who has a Bogart in carbon grey and I asked him to post a photo or two of his hat on this thread when he gets a chance. He lives in Australia, so hopefully he will read and respond to the PM soon. We'll see. In the meantime, if anyone else has a Bogart in grey, please post a photo for all to see. Thanks.

Daniel

Familiar Face
My Akubra Bogart (in black) is my favorite hat. If you look at stills from Casablanca, it looks like the exact same hat.

I also have a couple of Stetson Temples -- I cut down the brim on each about a half-inch -- yet the Bogart is a better-looking hat.

I'll likely only buy Akubra from now on.

Donato

One of the Regulars
Daniel said:
My Akubra Bogart (in black) is my favorite hat. If you look at stills from Casablanca, it looks like the exact same hat.

I also have a couple of Stetson Temples -- I cut down the brim on each about a half-inch -- yet the Bogart is a better-looking hat.

I'll likely only buy Akubra from now on.
Now that I have two Akubras, I know what you mean. For the price and quality point, they are a great bargain. Does anyone have the Bogart in "carbon grey"? I emailed Australiangear.com to ask what shade of grey this is, so I hope they answer soon. I may order one in that color too. And the Stylemaster also receives good reviews from the members who have one and they are offered in a variety of colors if one is willing to wait three months to purchase one (all colors are not always available all year long).

Donato

One of the Regulars
Donato said:
Now that I have two Akubras, I know what you mean. For the price and quality point, they are a great bargain. Does anyone have the Bogart in "carbon grey"? I emailed Australiangear.com to ask what shade of grey this is, so I hope they answer soon. I may order one in that color too. And the Stylemaster also receives good reviews from the members who have one and they are offered in a variety of colors if one is willing to wait three months to purchase one (all colors are not always available all year long).
Autraliangear.com just replied to my email and they said that carbon grey is "a very dark grey." Since they did not elaborate, I would imagine it is more like a charcoal grey color.

K

Kaosharper1

carbon grey

My fed is carbon grey, and you can see it under the thread "My new DM Akubra Adventurer." It is a dark grey, but not charcoal.

Donato

One of the Regulars
Kaosharper1 said:
My fed is carbon grey, and you can see it under the thread "My new DM Akubra Adventurer." It is a dark grey, but not charcoal.
Nice lid. On my PC screen, it looks almost black, so you are right, it is a very dark grey. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael