Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone know why??

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
dandelion-vint said:
I've sold vintage panties for high amounts on ebay too, also girdles - one buyer sent me a photo of his wife wearing the girdle they bought from me, and another guy sent me a Christmas card of himself wearing a girdle he bought from me (both were sights that I really didn't need to see!) I've sold a few plastic aprons too for surprisingly high amounts.

For whatever reasons people buy those items (collecting or fetish) they are serious buyers, usually very easy to deal with and willing to pay top dollar.

I have a friend who just does vintage clothes and she has gotten similar pictures that she didn't need or want to see either....one fellow in the UK referred to his female dressed up self in the third person.
I have found that girdle top bubble lace panties with metal garters are frothy little goldmines...what I wouldn't give to find a whole cache of those!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Boy I wish I was clever enough to stock up on those types of things when I worked the lingerie department 20 years ago.

I once had a *new* closet cross dresser come in to purchase a merry widow. No one in the entire department would help him but me. I carefully explained to the nice man why he shouldn't be purchasing women's clothing, and that he didn't really want a corset, but a merry widow, and sent him to Castro Street and Market in San Francisco for a better fit.

Thank goodness for my vintage clothing and costuming hobbies or the poor man would have been in pain.....

Vintage Betty

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Almost makes you wanna email the buyer and ask what's so special about em, eh??

One time I joined a yahoo group on vintage petticoats. Lets just say I left pretty quickly when I actually saw the pixs. This southern gal was pretty naive.
Foofoo, I know what you mean! Been there, done that too! I also run a group about GWTW costumes and since I have corsets and southern belle in my description, they flock to the group! I have it set up where I have to approve them tho, and not many get in.

Funny thread girls!!

Nikki

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I have absolutely no problem with cross-dressers or fetishists, especially when I'm selling. A couple of months ago I had about 11 auctions for vintage stockings up on Ebay. Every single winner was a man. I had one box of seamless vintage Hanes stockings go for $53! I hope he was happy with them!

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
So i have to remember if i ever find a pair of those panties to sell them on ebay so i can have money. I cant believe those sold for so much!

Foofoogal

Banned
"somewhere in the UK " For the life of me I cannot figure out how to do quotes here. I see the quote thingy but not when I am replying.

Anyway, I have sold several plastic aprons to the person I believe you are mentioning but I found out he actually has a company that sells these and uses the older ones as prototypes. I have seen the catalog. Now have no idea what else he does with them. Just thought I would add this tidbit. ;)
I wanted to find the old lady who thought I was nuts to buy a pretty apron very cheap at the antique shop (where I actually find the best bargains if you know your stuff) and let her know about my sale which was very good to this man. I was happy and so was he. The way I want it to go with all. lol

(The avatar pix is my mama in the 1940s. My dad was in the Seabees in New Guinea) Isn't she beautiful.

princessofcandl

One of the Regulars
Also, keep in mind that people will outbid themselves or bump up the bid extreeeemly high to get out of selling an item. Or even bump up the bids to get the buyer to max out on their bids. My hubby has come across that a few times (and guilty of it on occation) to boost the sale. Some people get carried away. Or its not even a "real" sale.

The end bid doesn't always mean it was "sold".

Oh and I agree. I have some similar to that from Secrets in Lace and they are fab. Although I am not used to wearing the high cut panties. Hubby does tease that they are my granny panties..... even thought they are red sheer nylon and Black sheer. Go figure. I don't know that many Grannies that wear them quite so racey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff