Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone remember the Biggles movie coat ?

Stand By

One Too Many
Biggles.jpg

Hello everyone,
I bring this question from another thread where I mentioned that I don't think that, as much as I like them, a "duster" type of coat suits me due to my 5'8" height and regular frame - and I mentioned that the only long motoring-style coat that I ever saw and hankered for was the one in the "Biggles: Adventures In Time" movie from 1986.
Like me, you'll perhaps remember that it wasn't a great movie, granted, and was rainy Saturday afternoon fayre - but I thought it had a well-cast set of good actors (including Peter Cushing!) and was well made for the most part - but it sadly descended in to a silly romp with a painful musical score.
But for me, all throughout the film, I never took my eyes off the coat as worn by our hero and a couple of his chums. Now, one of those I would still like someday! I love the look of A2s, Irvins, B3s and ANJ-3s etc - I feel that they fit me body and soul and suit me best - so extending that and going a little RFC makes logical sense ... :)

I see that both ELC and Aero make something somewhat close to this, but the ELC has the length I'd like but not the sheepskin collar, whereas the Aero has the sheepskin but not the length.
I know it's going back a bit, but does anyone know anything about the originals (who made them) or where to get something like the the photo here ?

Many thanks for your thoughts, guys! Your expertise is always appreciated.
Stand By

Attachments

• Biggles 2.jpg
    Biggles 2.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 376
  • Biggles 3.jpg
    Biggles 3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 592
  • Biggles 4.jpg
    Biggles 4.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 222
Last edited: