Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone use a name that's not their own?

subject101

One of the Regulars
but my favourite has to be 'Georgie Girl' :)

I like the song by The Seekers :lol:

[video=youtube;c-GApOqzgWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-GApOqzgWM[/video]

I like Georgiana-Thelma too. Whenever she was introduced to somebody did she usually give this name? I'm Georgianathelma?

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Few people call me by my first name. Usually it's some variant thereof or I'm simply called by my last name.

So it's Mr. Lincsong then? :p

I was named after the doctor that delivered me. :eusa_doh:
Wish my parents had been more creative then, or had researched names a bit before I came on the scene.[huh]
My favorite artist and greatest inspiration, Maxfield Parrish, was really named Frederick,..Fred Parrish? :rolleyes: He wisely chose his mother's maiden name to use as his first. Has a much more respectable and artistic ring to it.
I'll have to invent a good artist's name for myself,....

So it's Mr. Lincsong then? :p

I was named after the doctor that delivered me. :eusa_doh:
Wish my parents had been more creative then, or had researched names a bit before I came on the scene.[huh]
My favorite artist and greatest inspiration, Maxfield Parrish, was really named Frederick,..Fred Parrish? :rolleyes: He wisely chose his mother's maiden name to use as his first. Has a much more respectable and artistic ring to it.
I'll have to invent a good artist's name for myself,....

Major Ranger Danger :D

Big_e

Practically Family
For 15 years, I went by the name of Solo or Captain Solo.

I work for the city and in the office I used to work in, everybody knew me as Solo. It started many years ago when I was issued a Ford Pick-up to work in. Since I am one of the senior inspectors, every 2-3 years, my manager would give me first dibs and ask if I wanted one of the new vehicles that came in and I would say, as I patted the hood of my truck, "This is the Millinium Falcon, I can't trade her in! Give the vehicle to one of the newer inspectors.". The name stuck. 15 years later, a handful of people still don't know my real name and think that I am Solo.
Ernest

Most folks call me Tommy or Junior. (My dad goes by Tommy) Dad calls me Timothy, people call me Elvis or Sixties a lot. Every day when I get to work they say "Elvis has entered the building"

Georgie Girl, wonder who always calls you that? lol

My name is actually Georgina-May but I've always been called George. My mother was a huge Enid Blyton fan. The only one to ever call me by my actual name was my father, and only then when I was in BIG trouble. lol
I have had a few nicknames too; 'Littlebit', 'Pigeon' and my brother still calls me 'Scraggy Annie' but my favourite has to be 'Georgie Girl' :)

rue

That's funny, because I always want to call you Tommy :)

The only other name that I use, besides my real name, is Rue. It's used by everyone I know online, even when they know my real name and by my close friends in California.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy