Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

does it match my head?

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^
^
:arated:

Try and change the crown like a center dent with sides for example. The broad look does not compliment you face.

Long Slender face

An individual with a long slender face could wear a tapered, moderate height crown to make a hat seem part of the face. Fairly wide hat band cuts down apparent height from base to top of crown, unless low crown is used. A moderate width brim is recommended, also a full snapped brim, or a well rolled brim. A brim that is too wide would submerge the person's face. If the brim is too narrow or too flat it would emphasize long high lines. Give the hat a side tilt, and a slight back tilt. Avoid crowns that are too high, too full or square crown. Avoid particularly the wide, turned-up brim and ones too wide or too narrow.

m000m000

One of the Regulars
My face has a somewhat similar tall&thin shape.

I've tried various creases with my hats, and used to crease each of my new hats in a manner or shape that I didn't previously yet have. How ever, as much as I liked some of the creases, I didn't quite like the look of the overall effect once I put them on my head, so ultimately I've since gone and re-creased most of my hats to either centerdent or C-crown with forward pinches, as I personally feel this is the look that becomes me the best.

I do have a couple of more contemporary summer-use hats that are pretty low in crown (4-4.5"?), but I tend to wear these cocked at a rather heavy backward angle (you know, like all those punk kids with their 15-dollar plaid cloth hats :p), as this will make you avoid the "cut off head" -effect you'd otherwise get from wearing a too low hat.

armod

Familiar Face
what about a derby or homburg?

they have nicely curled brims, and enough height with minimal taper.

and I can cycle looking a little smarter than I do in the plastic foam creations I wear now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou