Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dogs and Hats

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
campdraft014-1-1.jpg

Oooops! Stumbled in here by accident! I wuz lookin' for the Kats 'n Hats thread. Sorry!

---Maggie

jkingrph

Practically Family
This incident did not involve a true hat, but a University of Texas cap my son had.

We were visiting my sister over in Miss. She had two little mini pins and the larger of the two , a stockily built male with plenty of attitude, came marching into the room proudly displaying my son's hat. It took some quick moving to catch him and the cap.

scooter

Practically Family
My friend, Terry, came to a pool party wearing a souvenir cap from the US Open golf tournament. He laid it down and my Mexican mutt disassembled it for him in his absence. It was in 3 distinct pieces and several smaller ones when it came time to leave.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
My friend, Terry, came to a pool party wearing a souvenir cap from the US Open golf tournament. He laid it down and my Mexican mutt disassembled it for him in his absence. It was in 3 distinct pieces and several smaller ones when it came time to leave.

Did he disassemble your mutt? I would have :)

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Great bump... I've been missing my buddy Harry.

or251.jpg

Absolutely the most moving pic of the week for me!

Moving as it truly clearly shows the love and affection between dogs and their human families. Alan you and Harry obviously had a precious bond. My empathy for your loss and your passionate remembrances.

My wife is a retired DVM and dogs came with our union. I remember with small pains, enormous affection and of course fond reminiscences of the several dogs that have shared and enjoyed life with my family and I before their passing. I never am far from the precious memories of Indira, Mahatma, Tumnsi, Molly, and Osha. For the life of me I could never understand how my wife could deal with the suffering and tragic parts of her chosen profession. She is a stronger person, emotionally, than I when it comes to dogs.

I will have to get some hat and dogs photos! The hat/Alan/Harry pic is grand!

Thanks for sharing Alan and folks, Eric -

H Weinstein

One of the Regulars
I love those old ads from the MAD MEN days where one pictures tells a story!
(I can just see Don Draper making a presentation to the client...)
I almost always wear a hat when walking my two Corgis.

Thanks for your notes Ale and Eric.

Donna and I have had two dogs over our years together - Ray for 17 years before kids and Harry, after. Once the kids arrived, the dog had to be a dog.There was no room for him on the bed... he slept on the floor, always content to be third fiddle. Harry was a great doggy dog, a patient, gentle giant of a golden retriever. I wish I had more pictures of him with hats that I could share. Unlike everyone else in the family, he didn't much like having his picture taken.

harry2.jpg

harry1.jpg

harry3.jpg

Is he home?

Oh... I see the answer on the other thread. Lovely family portrait... little claws and BIG Claus.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen