Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dogs and Hats

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
You might think that these two things don't go together like chocolate and peanut butter. You'd be wrong.

Barbisio puts them together
Barbisio3-1.jpg
barbisio1940.jpg

barbisio1940-1.jpg

As does Dobbs
Dobbs1945-1.jpg

Knox
Knox1950boxerfawn.jpg

Stetson
StetsonCasual19461-1.jpg

stetson19442.jpg

StetsonWhippet1940-1.jpg

and ScottF's recent purchase shows that Borsalino did it too:
LazLinerDtl.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Hats and dogs just seem to go together. Don't believe me? Check out Dogs Wearing Hats.com

212.jpg

Please share your own images relating dogs and hats.

(Yes, I realize that this is like the South Park ""Close-Up Animals with a Wide Angle Lens Wearing Hats", and I still love the concept. :p )

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nine dogs, we're envious! City says I can only have 4 dogs and all of my 4 pugs know they would look fetching in a hat like BooBerry's but they're nudists.
Thank you for the ads, Lefty, I loved them.
Hubby is coming home on leave from the Army to-morrow and isn't interested in Stetsons but is looking forward to wearing the driving cap I bought him even though it looks dorky but I didn't say anything as it was the hat he wanted.
Thanks for the dogs in hats link as well. So cute. Their owners aren't jerks. ;)

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
The film version....

Dear Lefty,
GREAT THREAD! And hard to imagine improving on the selection you've started us with....but looking forward to additions.

BTW...and not off-topic, but perhaps off-thread....TCM had a Philo Vance mystery from 1933 on last week, THE KENNEL MURDER CASE...you can see the WHOLE FILM(!) here:
http://www.archive.org/details/PhiloVanceTheKennelMurderCase1933

Bring popcorn...it's an hour and 15 minutes. Frankly, I didn't find it a very good mystery...but it kept me watching. What IS interesting are the scenes of a period bench dog show that sets the action moving and all the various hats you'll see men wearing there....so, FINALLY: dogs and hats. See: I told you there was a connection....:rolleyes:

"Skeet"

Viper Man

Banned
I have obviously seen this color combo before but there is something about the look of this Dobbs that I really love. Maybe it's the simple center crease combined with the perfect ribbon and brim width? I dunno but If I go custom in the near future, this may be my dog!

Dobbs1945-1.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
Hats and dogs just seem to go together. Don't believe me? Check out Dogs Wearing Hats.com

212.jpg

Please share your own images relating dogs and hats.

(Yes, I realize that this is like the South Park ""Close-Up Animals with a Wide Angle Lens Wearing Hats", and I still love the concept. :p )

Cool - I submitted Angie in her Borsalino.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn