Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Donnegal? Tweed 40s overcoat. Size 39-42

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Picked this up on the cheap and wanted to liberate it and pass it along. It is in great shape, inside and out. The label says Fahey Brockman, and ttreated with Cravenette water repellant. It does not have a donegal tweed label, but seems to be. The inside of the pocket is plaid. Very nice quality and great look.

I think the buttons might have been moved in. The sleeves are raglan for a more sporty look. And this style will fit multiple shoulder sizes.

the mmeasurementes in inches are as follows: 23 pit to pit across chest, 20 across shoulders, mroe or less due to raglan style, 23 shoulder seam to cuff more or less due to raglan style, 18 pit to cuff inside arm, 42 neck to back.
I would say it would fit a 40 to 42 if you do not wear a coat, and 39 to 41 if you wear a suit jacket or heavy sweater underneath it.

It is a little big on me without a coat and I am 38.

It is a regular to long

I am just asking what I paid, plus enough to cover paypal and shipping.

In US, $35 including shipping. Out of US, $25 plus shipping.

Picture200.jpg

Picture201.jpg

Picture202.jpg

Picture203.jpg

Boodles

A-List Customer
Man, that is a nice looking coat but...

...there is always a but...I'm thinking I am too big for it. I'm a 44. I can often get into a suit or sportcoat with a 46 chest but I'm thinking the topcoat, which is much thicker, would be too small given what you say. Hang that Sicilian Ravoli and Kentucky Bourbon.

Howard Hughes

One of the Regulars
CRAVENETTE

Whatto All,

A little off topic, but I have wartime "CRAVENETTE" ID card holder.
This is the only other time I have seen the name.
Very interesting.
Good luck with sale, by the way. It is a little too "50's" for my wardrobe, though, but very nice all the same.

Toodleoo
HH

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Howard Hughes said:
Whatto All,

A little off topic, but I have wartime "CRAVENETTE" ID card holder.
This is the only other time I have seen the name.
Very interesting.
Good luck with sale, by the way. It is a little too "50's" for my wardrobe, though, but very nice all the same.

Toodleoo
HH

The one place I typically see the label is inside the heavy gaberdine raincoats. usually Tan. They are quite common, but beautiful. I enver pick them up because you can almost always find at least one moth divet, and even if perfect, they are not very sought after or worth much.

I think this style was common in the 30s and 40s. Not sure about the fifties.

Edward

Bartender
Beautiful coat, but alas too small for me. Re the question mark in the thrad title over the tweed.... I would say it certainly appears to be a Donegal Tweed. Modern garment made from dt have a classmark (a type of trademark for all goods that fit into the rules of a class - e.g. Champagne, Harris Tweed, The Wool Mark, etc); if it's not dt, it can't carry the mark. I do not, however, know when this was brought in; it may be a more recent thing, like the wool mark (1961).

Howard Hughes

One of the Regulars
OVERCOAT CUT.

reetpleat said:
The one place I typically see the label is inside the heavy gaberdine raincoats. usually Tan. They are quite common, but beautiful. I enver pick them up because you can almost always find at least one moth divet, and even if perfect, they are not very sought after or worth much.

I think this style was common in the 30s and 40s. Not sure about the fifties.[/QUOT

Whatto All.
Single Breasted, Raglan Sleeve, Smock Cut....this screams British 1950's, which is NO way derogatory, by the way.
It is too "Baggy" to be 30's or 40's, due to the contemorary styling and also the cloth restrictions of the time.

Toodleoo
HH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925