Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Double-breasted blazer; from The Aviator to Gatsby

mikepara

Practically Family
Yes Gurkhas certainly..

..looked fine in their Rifle green blazers. I would be more impressed however if it was voluntary though. The Provost had to inspect them before letting them march out.:mad:

We used to cover the guard Room for them During their Religious feast days in return for them covering Airborne Forces Day, Christmas etc. The Guard room looked and was run like a 1940's one you guys would have loved it.

I can feel some khaki / camel coming on.:)

PADDY said:
. A smart khaki/camel colour pair of chinos with a sharp starched crease to cut yourself on, looks great with the dark blue of the blazer/jacket.
Ever see off duty Ghurkha soldiers? (and I'm talking about the squaddies, not the ruperts). Damn they know how to look smart. You don't see them running around in jeans, desert boots and a shirt hanging out. Always, dark jacket or full suit, shirt and tie. Glad they are on the side of the Crown!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
DanielJones said:
What about the shoes Hemingway, are those the J Crew pair?

Cheers!

Dan
They are indeed the J Crew pair! I love those shoes.

Lionheart said:
I welcome your feedback, jeers, jibes, accolades, criticisms, and praises. ;) :)

Fantastic. That outfit is a great example of how to "compose" an outfit. Syms is a great place for finding things like that jacket. I try to get to the Peabody location a few times a year for that reason.
Thank you, Lionheart! I was down in Norwood and that was where I found it. It is a great store and an excellent place to pick up a tux!

Thank you all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy