Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doug Hayward Suit

yorkshirechap

Familiar Face
Hi all,
I've become the owner of four of Hayward suits, two I'm hoping to get adjusted to fit (either me or the suit!).

I'd like to offer the others here first before going to ebay etc.

The first one is a Navy Blue Pinstripe in lighweight super 120's wool & cashmere (this detail is on the fabric in the pocket) and was made in 1985. The pinstripe is grey.

Two button single breasted jacket with 3 button cuff (2 working buttons) twin rear vent.

Flat front trouser, french style front pockets, two rear pockets, metal zip.

It is in excellent condition and I've not found any faults just very slight staining of sleeve lining at the shoulders.

Doug Hayward suits are completely bespoke and do not come up very often as 'vintage' items, a new suit would cost over £2,000. Doug Hayward was a well know tailor with a sparkling clientele have a quick google to see who!

I will add photo's later, I need to let them hang and give them a steam before getting the camera out. I'm trying to judge interest, if anyone is desperate for pictures please let me know.

Size 42" with 34/36" waist (side adjusters)
Jacket Details:
Armpit to armpit - 21"
Shoulder to cuff - 24.5"
Armpit to Cuff - 16"
Shoulder to shoulder - 18"
Top of collar to jacket hem - 32"
Across waist - 20"

Trouser details
Waist - 34/36" has side adjusters
Inside leg - 32" + 1.75" spare
Outseam, top of waist to hem - 43"

I'm looking for £160 plus postage (if international).

The other suit virtually identical in size, navy blue with a narrow paler blue pinstripe from 1984, the fabric is a super 120s by Scabal but I'll add full details tomorrow.

Please PM or email for further details if required.

Rob

Edit re photos, have tried but I am unable to put on attachments and have had no success with URL's yet. Tried link below that worked so here it is too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35364759@N08/sets/72157626088869190/

Last edited:

yorkshirechap

Familiar Face
I have taken some pictures but it appears I do not have permission to post attachments, do I have to make a certain number of posts before being allowed this facility?

yorkshirechap

Familiar Face
Hi,
You're right it's 32" from the top of the collar to the hem of the jacket. Sorry I've not been able to get ant pictures on yet, there is obviously a method that I haven't mastered yet!

yorkshirechap

Familiar Face
Hi, I've also a 1974 vintage Hatyward suit, in the same style as the first one listed but this one is in black with silver grey pinstripe in a J G Hardy fabric. The jacket is 43" and the trousers 35 to 37".
The jacket has the wide label style of the time, getting on for 4.5" at the widest.

If you would like to see photos please email and I'll take some.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic