Downton Abbey - I'm hooked

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by dhermann1, Jan 11, 2011.

1. The Wiser Hatter

The Wiser Hatter I'll Lock Up

The Great Fire looks interesting.
    [video=youtube_share;eX2-ZouP0Qw]http://youtu.be/eX2-ZouP0Qw[/video]

The shows on iTV that I am looking forward to this fall.

2. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne My Mail is Forwarded Here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sybil & Master George.

3. sheeplady

sheeplady I'll Lock Up Bartender

Interestingly enough, Downton is the only TV show where the most likely to die characters (the kids/ babies) are the ones who survive.

I checked for Manhattan online and had no luck... if anyone finds it please let me know. :)

4. kyboots

kyboots Practically Family

OMG I love this show. The story lines are so open next year. My only fear is that "granny" is getting very old by the mid 1920's and we all know where that is going, especially with this program. She is why I started to watch 4 years ago. Probably best for her before the depression. Since I love Game of Thrones and Vicious has been a real hoot; Does this mean I only like British Isles TV shows? Come to think of it Vikings is there too!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  5. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

Did you check if your cable gets WGN America? I'll look online as well for you.

6. sheeplady

Thank you for checking. We don't have cable. Given the cost of getting it and how little TV we watch I doubt that will change. The place we are moving has "limited" cable and poor TV reception, so i'm guessing in six months we'll be moving online totally. (By limited there is one provider, few channels, and according to the neighbors it is often "down." Oddly enough we do get 4G phone service there, but up the road in a local hamlet about 4 miles away there is zero cell reception but "full" cable.)

7. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

so far, coming up blank on line. I'll keep looking.

8. sheeplady

Please don't stress on this. Just if anyone sees a source please post. I know sometimes they do a "catch up online" bit during the commercials. I do appreciate your effort, thank you. :)

9. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

Sheeplady, I watched the third episode last night (recorded from a couple of days ago) - it was very good, but the whole time I was thinking, "Sheeplady needs to see this." So my thoughts are - do you get Netflix Streaming (about $9 / month)? This show will probably get to Netflix with a one-season delay, i.e., this season will be on Netflix when they launch the second season on cable.

Also, I do not know anything about it, but I have friends who say they watch current shows (legally and for a fee) on Hulu and it is cheaper than cable. Again, I haven't looked into it, but it might be worth it. At some point, it will pop up in some way for you to see it, but that might be down the line, Hulu is the only thing I could think of that might work today. Good luck.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  10. W-D Forties

W-D Forties Practically Family

11. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

12. MikePotts

MikePotts Practically Family

13. Bruce Wayne

My local PBS station is airing a Downton Abbey marathon this weekend along with a piece on the Titanic.

14. Babydoll

Babydoll Call Me a Cab

My sister's Christmas gift to me is that she and I get to attend a Downton Abbey themed cooking class tomorrow afternoon. I think we're learning how to make high tea. We're encouraged to wear Downton-worthy hats. It should be fun!

15. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

That sounds great - enjoy and please report back afterwards how it went.

16. Bruce Wayne

Is everyone ready for tonight?

17. Gingerella72

Gingerella72 A-List Customer

Excellent season premiere! But I'm getting so sick of Thomas and his schemes.....will he never learn his lesson? Sometimes he's human and likable, and then he turns around and continues with the bullying.

18. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

I was bored to tears. The only person that interests me is Edith.... her story is compelling... though I wish to God she'd finally win one for a change. Mary's still Mary, skinny aloof and driving good men to drink... or killing em outright. The Earl's still the Earl. I've hopes for Daisy... I've even hope for Thomas... Carson as ever last man on the quarter deck of a sinking ship. Bored senseless... still I keep watching.

Worf

19. Ernest P Shackleton

Ernest P Shackleton Practically Family

Julian Fellowes needs to invite in a writing to help him. The show has stagnated for a couple years now. The storylines are stale. I'm still interested in the characters, but I'm not at all interested in any of their stories. I enjoyed the aftershow about manners more than I did the new episode. We've been there. I don't want to go there again.