Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dress Like Cary Grant NOW

D

DBFedora

Marc Chevalier said:
It comes to most of us with practice. If we wore these kinds of clothes day in and day out, we'd become comfortable in them ... and that sense of ease would show.

I wholeheartedly agree. I have started to dress far less casual (jeans/sport shirt/tennis shoes) for my everyday work attire and have once again put on the dress pants/shirts/shoes instead. I am actually now far more comfortable with a "dressier" style than the casual look I used to sport. I carry myself taller and straighter and more confident than before (which ultimately comes from an inner peace about who I am and why I am on this planet at this time in history). Some also has to do with some weight loss :), and with that change has come the desire to present myself in a style/look that is more classic for those in my profession, with a bit of subtle personal flare thrown in from time to time (ties, shirts, etc.) I'm glad I've made the choice to be "dressier" more often. It is a style that fits me, my personality and where I am on this journey we call life.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Orgetorix said:
Anybody know if it's possible today to get a striped pullover like the one that Grant wore at the beginning of To Catch A Thief?

Yes. I have a magazine somewhere that tells where. I'll try to find it.

AlanC

Okay, according to Holiday 2006 issue of Menswear Magazine you acn buy it from Saint James Boutique. I believe the one they're referencing is the 'Meridien II' model, the picture of which does not show up for some reason on their site. It is just a sailor's shirt, though, and if memory serves Grant simply picked one up at a local shop prior to filming.

There's also Brittany Boutique, which is a bit cheaper.

Tony in Tarzana

DBFedora said:
I wholeheartedly agree. I have started to dress far less casual (jeans/sport shirt/tennis shoes) for my everyday work attire and have once again put on the dress pants/shirts/shoes instead. I am actually now far more comfortable with a "dressier" style than the casual look I used to sport. I carry myself taller and straighter and more confident than before (which ultimately comes from an inner peace about who I am and why I am on this planet at this time in history). Some also has to do with some weight loss :), and with that change has come the desire to present myself in a style/look that is more classic for those in my profession, with a bit of subtle personal flare thrown in from time to time (ties, shirts, etc.) I'm glad I've made the choice to be "dressier" more often. It is a style that fits me, my personality and where I am on this journey we call life.

I concur as well. I just have a more professional attitude in a suit and tie, and more confidence.

Also, I think those of us who are heavier, like me, need to dress a little better. Athletically built guys can carry off a casual look, but I just end up looking like a fat slob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner