Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dressy(somwhat) work shoes?

frijoli

One of the Regulars
I am looking for really comforatble shoes that can take a beating. I am an engineer, but I sometimes find my self under or in a piece of MFG equipment.

I usually wear a nice button shirt(short sleeve), usually a tie, and slacks, but I always end up with ugly sneaker style shoes for comfort, because dressy shoes hurt my feet from standing on cement all day.

I am hoping to find nicer shoes, without sacrificing comfort.

If you have similar experience, and have solved this issue, PLEASE help!

Clay

PS. Yeah I know the tie and short sleeves is nerdy, but I HATE things on my arms. (too much hair)lol

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Check out www.zappos.com- they have a wide selection, great prices, and carry almost all the brands mentioned above at very reasonable prices.

Also, www.sierratradingpost.com- mostly overstocks and closeouts- but a great selection. I know they currently have some Allen Edmonds shoes on sale that would fit your requirements.
Good hunting!

frijoli

One of the Regulars
Thanks Guys.
Do you wear these? The reason I'm asking is I have 2 pairs of shoes now that are nice but absolutely KILL my feet and legs.

One is rubber soled(although thin) and the other is a Rockport Leather sole. The leather one I understand the pain, but I thought the Rubber sole Florsheim would have been fine.

I just don't want to start throwing money at shoes just to try them out on a whim.
Clay

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just got these and I love them. They are by Clarks from their "Originals" line, which are reissues of their 1950's styles. These might be exactly what you're looking for.

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

frijoli

One of the Regulars
flat-top said:
I just got these and I love them. They are by Clarks from their "Originals" line, which are reissues of their 1950's styles. These might be exactly what you're looking for.

They look very soft in the Sole!

Clay

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
frijoli said:
Thanks Guys. Do you wear these?
I wear these rubber soled Mephistos for inclement weather (snow, rain, ice, slush), when visiting construction sites and such. They're very well made using aniline skins and they're Goodyear welted so they can be resoled.

Shoes400.jpg

DavidVillaJr

One of the Regulars
Tomasso said:
I wear these rubber soled Mephistos for inclement weather (snow, rain, ice, slush), when visiting construction sites and such. They're very well made using aniline skins and they're Goodyear welted so they can be resoled.

Shoes400.jpg

I've heard of having two left feet, BUT having FOUR RIGHT FEET must be equally difficultlol

dv

frijoli

One of the Regulars
Tomasso said:

Shoes400.jpg
Okay, that's like 1400 dollars in shoes. They're nice but it ain't happenin' for me unfortunately.

Clay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany