Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drinks and Cigars in Film

poetman

A-List Customer
There are threads about hats in films, cars, suits, all types of golden era delights. What films display drinks and cigars in particularly aesthetic ways. Granted, every golden era film has an abundance of cigarettes and drinks, but they're so often displayed in this kind of matter-of-fact manner. In what films do you feel fine smokes and spirits take a
particularly distinct role?

xXClockwork

New in Town
Bogart in the dark in Casablanca:

casablanca18.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
'In Which We Serve'

Celia Johnson mixes Noel Coward a cocktail - A Kinross Special. It's a great name (he plays Captain Kinross) for a cocktail, the trouble is that they never say what's in it.

I want to be able to get home and tell my wife (or the kids) to mix me a Kinross Special - it just sounds good.

I love to watch Jason Robbards pensively play with his cigar in the scene from Sam Peckinpah's Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid. You can tell he knows and enjoys a good cigar.

[video=youtube;cEby4rCDc4Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cEby4rCDc4Y[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner