Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

drivers license

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I took a break from trying to make Joel Cairo's Greek passport to make a "Murder, My Sweet" prop.
I made a reproduction of Lindsay Marriott's license from the movie. While I was at it I made a Philip Marlowe operator's license as well. As tends to be the case with official documents seen in old Hollywood movies, the license shown in the film is a little different from an actual license of the time (like Cairo's passport in "The Maltese Falcon") so the Marriott license I made is like the movie's.
The Marlowe license is based on an actual 1944 California license with the information being from the novels and his address being his office address. I never could find a residence address listed for Marlowe.

The Wolf

JavBanda

New in Town
Would love to see your work, please post photos if you would be so kind.
I am working on getting my AE model 32 phone working and I also hope to make a wooden base for my inkwell similar to the one on Sam Spade's desk.
Thanks for your post.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
There is a 40's one here:

1940%20John%20L%20Taylor%20-%20CA%20Driver%27s%20License%20found%20in%20Wallet.jpg

I was hoping to find my grandfather's CA license, but it seems to have vanished. I have his 30's Missouri one and later ones, but not wartime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana