Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Duff hats

Zach R.

Practically Family
I did a search through the archives and couldn't find anything, what can you guys tell me about Duff hats? I just picked this one off of ebay for my father(I wish it was as easy to find hats in my size as his:p ):

2111jo.jpg

7a19ti.jpg

9b10nl.jpg

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Duff was the name of the store . There was no company by that name . Since the store was located in Phily ,perhaps it was made by Stetson .
One way to tell is to look under the sweatband at the body ticket . It may say the name of the manufacturer.:cool2:

Zach R.

Practically Family
Then why did they call themselves Manufacturer and Retailer(as seen on the sweatband)? Because of the fact that they do manufacture *something*, just not hats? Seems a bit presumptuous of them if that is the case.

I'll be sure to check under the band when it gets here.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
There were a lot of companies that made hats for othere places back then .
besides Stetson , there was Schoble hats in Phily . Theyr:cool2: e all gone .RIP!

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Ahh, picture above just opened up.

Cool lid.

I bet your dad is really happy - I bet he never thought he'd see the day - you know with the hat thing and all.

When I go to see my Granny and she sees the hats and the braces it's a real hoot. She never thought I'd dress like my Grandad, you know!

H.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Zach R. said:
The brim is 2 1/2 exactly and the crown is 5 3/4 unbashed and exactly 5 creased in the style shown above.

Good ... my eyeballing is improving. Thanks a lot for the measuring job! (Just do what I do and wear a tape measure around your neck at all times. In a pinch, it can double as a headband or belt.)

havershaw

Practically Family
YES!!!!
I will take it! (Duff is my business partner's last name...and while he won't wear it, he'll get a kick out of me wearing it.)
I'll PM you as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany