Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Earth Hour

Foofoogal

Banned
Yes, Google scared me for a minute. Thought something was wrong with my computer. :eek:

I was raised to be a turn your lights out person when it was unheard of and shut the door person. My dad had ways. If we didn't shut a door behind us we had to go in and out about 10 times. Pavlovs rule? lol

olive bleu

One Too Many
TessTrueheart said:
Jitterbugging sounds like a great idea, but I will probably just have a nice cup of tea and a chat with my mother. Or I can make her listen while I practice my very poor ukulele playing skills!lol

playing the ukulele is quite high on my list of things i have to do sometime in my life.It will really come in handy when i am sitting on the verandah of my retirement home in Hawaii:D

TessTrueheart

olive bleu said:
playing the ukulele is quite high on my list of things i have to do sometime in my life.It will really come in handy when i am sitting on the verandah of my retirement home in Hawaii:D

Me and Alexandra will come visit. A ukulele trio!lol

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Johnny B said:
I'm going to run all my lights and as many appliances as I can to celebrate electricty!

Also I may idle my car for an hour!

Ditto. And I just might be catching up with some threads on the FL, a very good use of electricity! :D

Of course, if one really wants to save on electricity, the Golden Era lifestyle is an excellent way to do so. Fire up the old coal oil lamps:) Read a book in the light of a single 25w or 40w bulb attached to a single wire coming out of the ceiling. Cooking supper on the old wood fired stove - after spending 30 minutes chopping the wood out back! Lots of fun & exercise. :D

Johnny B

Familiar Face
Happy Earth day everyone! Every light in my apartment is on and I'm not even home! The heater's on and the window is open- Electricity ROCKS *guitar solo*

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I neither participate in nor inconvenience myself for the perpetuation of hoaxes or conspiracies at any time or in any way. My life will not change at all tonight. I'll be enjoying life the way I always do: Family, friends, TV, Internet, and whatever lunacy or normalcy they may bring; the things I normally do on a Saturday night. :)

Lee

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Dear All,

I did switch off the light in my room but the computer is on...despite receiving the circular from WWF?
What will happen to my karma?

[huh] [huh] [huh] [huh] [huh] [huh] [huh]

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I'm probably going to watch multiple movies on our 2 TVs while playing video games on the compy, listen to music on 4 different radios and CD players, turn on all of our lights and idle all 5 of our cars, maybe drive around in one of them for good measure. Oh, and I might go shooting as well or perhaps burn some tires.

:p

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
HungaryTom said:
Dear All,

I did switch off the light in my room but the computer is on...despite receiving the circular from WWF?
What will happen to my karma?

[huh] [huh] [huh] [huh] [huh] [huh] [huh]

I'm lucky that I have a laptop with an hour's worth of battery charge, because I've got a lot more research to do tonight. I'm turning off everything except my air purifier (I'm allergic to dust).

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
olive bleu said:
We participated and i read stories to my kids by flashlight.

That sounds lovely!

I'm battery-powered and in the dark right now. I wish I had some environmentally-conscious friends in my hall to play hide-and-seek with. It's so quiet! Maybe I should study this way more often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart