Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Earth Hour

alexandra

Practically Family
So for Earth Hour, I've convinced my family that we'll all dress in 1940's clothes and have a family dinner. After that we're going to put some music on the gramophone and all four of us are going to jitterbug.

It should be totally fun.

K

kpreed

retrogirl1941 said:
I am going to participate! yay! I love doing things that make a difference!:)

Samantha
Me Also! I will do it plus I e-mailed it to all in my address book too.:eusa_clap

alexandra

Practically Family
You guys haven't heard of it? Toronto has all these things in the papers and stuff like "WHAT TO DO WHILE THE POWER IS OUT IN THE CITY" because I guess people can't figure it out or something.

alexandra

Practically Family
Well they did it in Sydney last year and I don't think they ran into problems like that and over 2 million people participated.

TessTrueheart

Jitterbugging sounds like a great idea, but I will probably just have a nice cup of tea and a chat with my mother. Or I can make her listen while I practice my very poor ukulele playing skills!lol

alexandra

Practically Family
Oh I love the ukulele. I was just playing it a few hours ago trying to play along o this "Feist Dance Folio for Piano" book from 1921 my dad brought home yesterday.

It did not go well because I didn't know most of the songs!

TessTrueheart

I've only taken lessons since february so I'm still rather lame.:) Bit I'm working on it! So far I play Blowin' in the wind and Pretty Woman.

alexandra

Practically Family
TessTrueheart said:
I've only taken lessons since february so I'm still rather lame.:) Bit I'm working on it! So far I play Blowin' in the wind and Pretty Woman.

I've never taken any lessons, but I self taught guitar and bass so the uke was really just a matter of remembering the new chords...and even still I've never really been very good at doing things the real way. I mostly just play stuff I think sounds right.

It's the same with my hair. I have no idea how to do any of my hair, I just mush it around or cut it off until I think it's right. I did have to get advice when I first started doing pincurls though.

I've got some male tendencies in the "Instructions are for the weak!" sense which is a horrible quality in anyone!

TheKitschGoth

A-List Customer
sarah smith said:
I'm glad this doesn't happen on October 31st.. as there would be a lot of unhappy little kids...

How'd you figure that out? Surely October the 31st is the perfect time to switch all the lights off and get candles lit?

staggerwing

One of the Regulars
Johnny B said:
I'm going to run all my lights and as many appliances as I can to celebrate electricty!

Also I may idle my car for an hour!

I'm with Johnny! I don't want to say anything political to get the thread shut down, but...

alexandra

Practically Family
To be honest this thread wasn't as much about earth day as it was about Jitterbugging and family lunacy.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Of all things, apparently Google is in on this, too. Rather jarring going to the search page this morning.
google-black-ss-01-small.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80