Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman (Ostmann) Luftwaffe jacket Size 42

Snackson

Familiar Face
Here we have an early black Eastman Leather Luftwaffe jacket in the thick horsehide they used on the earlier jackets. It is a size 42 and has been broken in with some very nice patina to the hide. Greenish blue moleskin liner, all original and perfectly working RiRi zips and Prym press studs, which also all work. All original leather toggles are present. Slight wear to the right elbow if you look very closely.
This is a jacket that is designed to be snug and short, it just about reaches your belt. ( I am 1.80 and take a size 42). Plenty roomy in the arms and shoulders. If you like roomier, then someone who takes a size 40 will find this fitting more like an A-2.

Link to Eastman blurb:
https://www.eastmanleather.com/ostmann-wwii-german-flying-jacket-horsehide-p-154.html

P2P: 57 CM (22.4 Inches)
Back length: 64 CM (25 Inches)
Waist buttoned and cinched: 54 CM (21.2 Inches)
Sleeve length from shoulder seam: 60 CM (24 Inches)
Shoulder to shoulder (seam to seam) 49 CM (20 Inches)

This jacket retails for just shy of 1100 UK pounds, (1 penny shy in fact) which is a little over 1400 USD in today's currency conversion.

I'd like 500 USD for this jacket and as it is in Belgium and is pretty heavy, I have to charge you 50 USD for insured and tracked shipping. Thanks for looking.

I will also consider trades for a size 42 A2 or shearling jacket of WW era.

IMG_5885_s.jpg IMG_5888_s.jpg IMG_5886_s.jpg IMG_5889_s.jpg IMG_5891_s.jpg IMG_5892_s.jpg IMG_5893_s.jpg IMG_5894_s.jpg IMG_5895_s.jpg

Last edited:

Thuggee

Practically Family
Here we have an early black Eastman Leather Luftwaffe jacket in the thick horsehide they used on the earlier jackets. It is a size 42 and has been broken in with some very nice patina to the hide. Greenish blue moleskin liner, all original and perfectly working RiRi zips and Prym press studs, which also all work. All original leather toggles are present.

Link to Eastman blurb:
https://www.eastmanleather.com/ostmann-wwii-german-flying-jacket-horsehide-p-154.html

P2P: 57 CM (22.4 Inches)
Back length: 64 CM (25 Inches)
Waist buttoned and cinched: 54 CM (21.2 Inches)
Sleeve length from shoulder seam: 60 CM (24 Inches)
Shoulder to shoulder (seam to seam) 49 CM (20 Inches)

This jacket retails for just shy of 1100 UK pounds, (1 penny shy in fact) which is a little over 1400 USD in today's currency conversion.

I'd like 500 USD for this jacket and as it is in Belgium and is pretty heavy, I have to charge you 50 USD for insured and tracked shipping. Thanks for looking.

I will also consider trades for a size 42 A2 or shearling jacket of WW era.

View attachment 190378 View attachment 190380 View attachment 190379 View attachment 190381 View attachment 190382 View attachment 190383 View attachment 190384 View attachment 190385 View attachment 190386

Nice jacket are you able to tell me how much it weighs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Snackson

Familiar Face
Thanks Thuggee, the jacket weighs in at a little under 2 kilograms, just north of 4 lbs. The hide is thick and the jacket is lined throughout with moleskin. Also, the pocket liners are very generous and add some weight as well. This is an estimate so don't hold me to exact weight, but I know that when I send it, the box will be over 2 kg. Cheers.

Snackson

Familiar Face
Price drop to 450 USD, which basically means I will ship it at my own expense. It is a very nice Eastman, I'll throw it on the Bay if no takers here. Thanks!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Sure nice! If longer in the sleeve area, I'd be temped, for the hide along if nothing else. But we'd have to stretch those sleeves out 2.5" or so. Good luck with the sale!

Snackson

Familiar Face
Thanks Aerofan_07

Last try... I will pay for the shipping anywhere in the world. So 400 USD gets it shipped to your door. That's very reasonable for an Eastman Leather product IMHO....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk