Eat Dust x Lewis Leathers 988 Western

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Bender, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Bender

Bender Familiar Face

Just picked this up. Very happy with it.

For anyone wondering about the material (as this is not disclosed in any of the descriptions online), it is a steer hide, not the standard sheepskin LL usually uses for their suede/roughout.

One could call it either a heavy midweight or a lighter heavyweight hide. I’d say it’s a full-grain suede (a roughout hide that has been sueded) rather than a traditional split-hide suede. 4AB2881F-AC82-4EDF-9A0F-63195C7597F7.jpeg 9CFD795C-BE08-455F-ACFA-674222D15783.jpeg 084C6B74-EDE2-46F0-B36E-89E62D2E931F.jpeg 114991E0-C18B-4E53-9C58-62F0CEFF2A3D.jpeg CFF4B067-70AF-4300-9120-67A0CBF14A9A.jpeg 893DDBF6-036F-4DC5-8ABF-0668BC182BF8.jpeg

2. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Beautiful jacket, congratulations!

Bender likes this.
  3. Edward

Edward Bartender

Nice, clean design with a very early Sixties vibe (which was, of course, the LL heyday, and the era of the patterns they've gone back to since Derek revived the brand).

Bender likes this.
  4. Bender

Bender Familiar Face

60’s vibe... My thoughts exactly when I first saw the Western. Always wanted one, but no hand warmer pockets was a deal-breaker, and I was hesitant to order one custom, as I’d never seen one with the modification.

Then I saw this one, and it was pretty much exactly as I would order it, if I even could... Unsure if the milk chocolatey steerhide roughout is avail for order, and obviously I couldn’t get the Eat Dust proprietary p-camou gabardine lining, which I think is pretty. Didn’t hurt that the jacket is cut slimmer than stock, and fits me like it was tailored.

Edward likes this.
  5. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Super cool, love the color of this jacket.

Bender likes this.
  6. Edward

Edward Bartender

Yeah, handwarmers on a TIII were a sixties development on the style, 1967 if memory serves was the year they came in (the Type III without handwarmers is widely cited as 1962 for Levis, though similar jackets were around in the late 50s I believe).

bn1966, Bender and Jin431 like this.
  7. polloelastico

polloelastico Familiar Face

Love it! I have a 40 heading my way from Belgium. I got the measurements from Butterscotch (they were out of a 40) and on paper it's spot on, would not have changed a thing, so hopefully those are accurate.

Bender likes this.
  8. Bender

Bender Familiar Face

Yeah, a lovely slim fit. One thing I like is that the armholes seem to located a bit higher than on a classic Type III... roughly identical to the placement on my Corsair or Universal Mk 2. This alleviates the boxiness typical of most Type III patterns; the jacket drapes more like a slim-cut cafe racer.