Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Situation - WWYD?

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Looking for some opinions from fellow loungers on my odd eBay situation surrounding a Harley AMF cafe racer jacket purchase that wasn't as described / clearly damaged. Also, the seller / item location was listed as NY, USA but when I checked the tracking # I see Toronto Canada customs etc. First feeling this was going to be a problem item. FYI - eBay has already issued me a complete refund so Im not out any cash. But here's where it get's messy....

Back story. Item arrived with busted open arm seam, and a bottom hem that was open where someone attempted a super sloppy re-line job but never stitched it back properly and the 1000 needle holes as well. None ever mentioned or pictured. Immediately emailed seller stating Id like to return etc for the things not mentioned and he agreed and said sorry those issues were overlooked. However, he never responded to the eBay return item case where it generates a shipping label etc. He would respond to messages I sent saying yes mail it back he accepts return, and listed the Canada address. I replied saying to answer the open eBay case and I would mail it back. Still no response to the eBay case from him, so eBay automatically steps in and forces the return acceptance on the case. That in turn issues a shipping label for the return but the return address is in Brooklyn NY. I call up eBay and tell them how the package came from Canada etc and they say to follow the shipping label issued and mail it back to Brooklyn. I proceed with that, USPS drops it off at Brooklyn as delivered status, eBay issues me the refund. Case closed I thought. Then a week later, the box and jacket arrive back at my house! Saying undeliverable address etc. I message the seller saying the jacket arrived back to me and for him to send me a shipping label pre-paid to Canada and Ill mail it back no problem because Im a honest guy. But Im not paying out of pocket $50 for USPS. Still no label from him...

So what would the lounge do...

Bahabp100

Practically Family
Looking for some opinions from fellow loungers on my odd eBay situation surrounding a Harley AMF cafe racer jacket purchase that wasn't as described / clearly damaged. Also, the seller / item location was listed as NY, USA but when I checked the tracking # I see Toronto Canada customs etc. First feeling this was going to be a problem item. FYI - eBay has already issued me a complete refund so Im not out any cash. But here's where it get's messy....

Back story. Item arrived with busted open arm seam, and a bottom hem that was open where someone attempted a super sloppy re-line job but never stitched it back properly and the 1000 needle holes as well. None ever mentioned or pictured. Immediately emailed seller stating Id like to return etc for the things not mentioned and he agreed and said sorry those issues were overlooked. However, he never responded to the eBay return item case where it generates a shipping label etc. He would respond to messages I sent saying yes mail it back he accepts return, and listed the Canada address. I replied saying to answer the open eBay case and I would mail it back. Still no response to the eBay case from him, so eBay automatically steps in and forces the return acceptance on the case. That in turn issues a shipping label for the return but the return address is in Brooklyn NY. I call up eBay and tell them how the package came from Canada etc and they say to follow the shipping label issued and mail it back to Brooklyn. I proceed with that, USPS drops it off at Brooklyn as delivered status, eBay issues me the refund. Case closed I thought. Then a week later, the box and jacket arrive back at my house! Saying undeliverable address etc. I message the seller saying the jacket arrived back to me and for him to send me a shipping label pre-paid to Canada and Ill mail it back no problem because Im a honest guy. But Im not paying out of pocket $50 for USPS. Still no label from him...

What? You can call up eBay?

Sometimes things like that happen, though. I bought a jacket that had a deep cut on the back that wasn't mentioned in the listing, complained and once the seller refunded me, they told me to keep the jacket. I did send it back because they could've just as easily sold it if the mentioned the cut. Never seen it listed again...

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
you got your money be happy. Recent one I bought had bad measurements. Didn't realize it, but I hit the wrong thing on reason for return, so now I'm stuck paying the shipping both ways. Tried to send seller a message to at least refund the original shipping and haven't heard. Wondering if I can leave a negative feedback comment or something like that to get their attention.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
What I would do is not lose any sleep over it, and wait 6 months, and if the seller hasn't sent a return label or other correspondence, do whatever you want with it.

Probably do this. It’s already been sitting in my garage sealed in box for a week after USPS returned it back to me. Seller just sent a message saying where’s his jacket etc and I replied again with the I followed ebays direction and asked him again to send a shipping label and I’ll gladly return it. Just annoying and I’m kind of just venting here

Probably do this. It’s already been sitting in my garage sealed in box for a week after USPS returned it back to me. Seller just sent a message saying where’s his jacket etc and I replied again with the I followed ebays direction and asked him again to send a shipping label and I’ll gladly return it. Just annoying and I’m kind of just venting here
There’s a reason he is using an NY shipping address! Maybe he’s too lazy to drive across the border and pick it up? If what he has listed for returns is wrong it’s not your problem. I wouldn’t waste another minute thinking about it.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I had a similar situation - I returned a jacket as "not as described" after seller was totally incommunicado and eBay told me to ship it. USPS tracking showed delivered, eBay returned my money. A week later jacket shows up as undeliverable, tracking now shows Undeliverable Address. Seller still incommunicado. After holding on to the jacket for a few months I finally sold it on eBay. I guess I got lucky that Tracking briefly showed Delivered, which triggered eBay payment.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Seller just followed up on a Canadian motto.

57025774.jpg

ultrark2004

Familiar Face
@ton312 ebay didn't eat the sale. ebay forces sellers to have an account where they can back charge a seller for the sale. Even if a seller states no returns now days ebay did what they did on this case and issue a refund and then ding the sellers account even for return shipping

@ton312 ebay didn't eat the sale. ebay forces sellers to have an account where they can back charge a seller for the sale. Even if a seller states no returns now days ebay did what they did on this case and issue a refund and then ding the sellers account even for return shipping
Depends. If the seller contends there was no damage when shipped and puts up enough of a stink, ebay will eat it. It’s happened to me before where both parties are reimbursed.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Just to re-iterate, in this odd situation the seller instantly agreed there was damage and told me to mail it back for full refund. He was sorry he overlooked those issue etc etc. However, this was all in the “messages” section on eBay. He never responded via the return item / eBay case when they asked him to. And as such, after 6days I think, they automatically forced the label creation and return. I also provided multiple clear photos so they knew I wasnt bs’ng

jerome230

Familiar Face

I've had this same situation before, though it was with a guy who was VERY rude with me, so i had no intentions of ever mentioning that I got the jacket delivered back to me after I had returned it.

Dude was a complete Jackass, and In my opinion got what he deserved.

It was a fun story to tell people for a while. Think I gave that jacket away.
It was a pretty cheap jacket, only like $40, so it wasn't any big loss on anyone's part.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Im giving him and eBay 1mth to figure it out and provide shipping for the item. Then its posted up here as a bargain sold as is HD Sportster 38/40 that needs repairs. Basically the dude opened the bottom hem and had someone attempt to tailor this classic jacket :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB