Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eBay WARNING!

Big J

Call Me a Cab
It's just the arbitrary power of the GSP to incinerate your purchase without prior notification that blows me away.
What if it had been that alleged real James Dean jacket that cost thousands of bucks (what if that jacket really is the real thing?).
Clearly, ebay is catering to a different demographic now, and it isn't me.

Leigh H

Practically Family
Another lovely jacket is getting incinerated. Thanks to eBay’s global shipping program.

An deerskin jacket from the states via eBay and I’ve just had an update saying ‘item restricted’

Poor seller won’t be getting the jacket back. WTF?

Is it because it’s deerskin?

Madness.

sSfstYS.jpg

How do they know it's deerskin? I've shipped and received several deerskin items without any issues to and from US.

I know right?

Apparently it's classed as endangered,

The following wildlife products are not allowed:

Yeah but how did they know the jacket was deerskin?? Did it said somewhere on it? That's so weird... Member from TFL just recently sold me a deerskin shirt, shipped from US. The tag clearly states GENUINE DEERSKIN and it arrived without any issues.

I see deer everywhere.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Yeah but how did they know the jacket was deerskin?? Did it said somewhere on it? That's so weird... Member from TFL just recently sold me a deerskin shirt, shipped from US. The tag clearly states GENUINE DEERSKIN and it arrived without any issues.

If the jacket was shipped by eBay Global Shipping Services, and "deerskin" was in the item's eBay description, then "deerskin" was also on shipping papers. Automated scans picked it up from shipping papers, and voila. Nobody is looking at labels, this is high volume stuff.

Leigh H

Practically Family
NEVER, EVER, EVER...let a seller use the global shitting program. That system is so uttterly broken and flawed it's pathetic and boderline criminal. If you see something you want, ship it to me and I will ship it to you.

Worst thing of all is the eBay Global Shipping Program won't even ship the item back to the seller. Buyer gets refunded and the seller loses out, criminal.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Worst thing of all is the eBay Global Shipping Program won't even ship the item back to the seller. Buyer gets refunded and the seller loses out, criminal.
The company is called Pitney Bowes ltd, criminals indeed:

Edward

Bartender
eBay really need to think things through better, imo. I am all for laws restricting dangerous or environmentally damaging trades, and to stop frauds. The problem is that eBay don't seem to be targeting the "right" people. My wife recently tried to sell a pair of sneakers that have never been worn. The only time even the paper that came packed inside the shoes was removed was to photograph them. They have literally never had a human foot in them. However, she made the mistake of innocently using the term "as new". eBay demanded, on sale, that they were shipped to their verification centre. They were returned to us and the sale cancelled by eBay because, it seems, the box had been a little damaged in storage. Which we had made clear in the sale. It's idiotic. I totally understand there are a lot of counterfeit goods out there and sold, but to go after a private seller selling a single item rather than the obvious dealers selling multiples of suspect product.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy