Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eBay's Most Paranoid Vendor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
MisterGrey said:
Nothing wrong? You mean other than respond to a "I need to return this item, it doesn't fit" with paranoid, aggressive ramblings, accusations, and innuendo? You really don't see anything wrong with that?

Nothing a lawyer would get upset about. There aren't any laws that say a person can't be a jerk if he wants to.

Calling someone "eBay's Most Paranoid Vendor" on a public forum could definately come under libel or slander laws though.

No question the seller could use some public relations training.

FURFELTMAN

Vendor
IM HERE . AND I LOVE HELPING PEOPLE FIND GREAT FUR FELTS

THIS SELLER LOVES HELPING !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLO EVERYONE .
JUST WANTED TO INVITE EVERYONE WHO HAS READ THIS TO CHECK OUT THE FUR FELT HATS FROM THIS STORY / THREAD , ON EBAY .
AND I WISH I COULD REPLY TO THE BUYERS COMMENTS , BUT I HAVE TO GIVE PRIVACY RIGHTS TO ALL MY CUSTOMERS WHICH OF COURSE IS THE RIGHT WAY TO DO BUSINESS ,SO I WONT BE ABLE TO SAY MUCH MORE .
BUT I CAN SAY THIS , BRING YOUR BEST OFFERS , AND YOUR SMILING FACES TO EBAY FOR FUR FELT HATS , I PROMISE NO ONE WILL BE LET DOWN , AND THE SIZING IS CORRECT , I MEASURE THE HATS MYSELF . AND I DID ALSO MEASURE THE RETURN , I WISH I COULD TELL YOU THE MEASUREMENT ( PRIVACY RIGHTS FOR BUYER ) BUT I CAN TELL EVERYONE THIS MUCH . MY MEASUREMENTS ARE CORRECT . THAT MEANS THE HATS ARE SIZING CORRECTLY . AND I PROMISE REALLY GREAT SERVICE .
THIS WAS A VERY ODD SITUATION WHICH ONCE AGAIN I CANT TELL YOU WHAT HAPPEND DUE TO PRIVACY RIGHTS . BUT I CAN SAY THIS MUCH . THE BUYER WAS VERY GOOD IN INCLUDING MY TRUTHFUL RESPONSES , AND YES I AM A TINY BIT PARANIOD OF GETTING RIPPED OFF , BUT I AM NOT IN ANY WAY MEAN , AND I AM VERY VERY GOOD TO MY CUSTOMERS . I ALSO HAVE IMPROVED MY FEEDBACK , WHICH IS THAT I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO LOW DETAILED SELLER RATINGS OR BAD FEEDBACK FOR 3 MONTHS NOW . THATS PERFECT SCORE FOR 3 MONTHS STRAIGHT .
AND THAT IS VERY MUCH THANKS TO THE CUSTOMERS HERE AT THE FEDORA LOUNGE AS WELL , MANY OF YOU BUY FROM MY STORE AND ARE VERY HELPFUL . AND ALL THE FORUM NOTES I READ ALSO HELP ME KNOW HOW TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS HAPPY . SO ONCE AGAIN I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO KNOW I DO MY BEST , IDO ALSO GET PEOPLE WHO DONT LIKE ME TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS , WHICH I ONLY DO BECAUSE ITS EASIER FOR ME TO TYPE THAT WAY . I HAVE ONLY BEEN TYPING FOR A COUPLE YEARS NOW . AND THAT SHIFT BUTTON FOR EVERY CAPITAL IS JUST HARD TO DO . I DO NOT IN ANY WAY MEAN TO SEEM LIKE IM LOUD BY TYPING IN CAPS .
WELL I WISH I COULD SAY MORE TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT THEY CAN BE VERY CONFIDENT SHOPPING AT MY STORE . SO THE BEST WAY I CAN DO THAT IS OFFER THE READERS BEST OFFERS ON FUR FELTS AT 1/2 PRICE , THAT MEANS USE BEST OFFER ON EBAY TO GET A REALLY LOW PRICE TODAY . AND ITS PRETTY EASY TO FIND THE DEALS , JUST SEARCH FOR NEW FUR FELT FEDORA HAT ( SCALA ) ( STACY ADAMS ) BRANDS ARE MY MOST POPULAR , AND I PROMISE YOU WILL LOVE THE SERVICE .
THANKS EVERYONE .
AND YES I KNOW SOME PEOPLE HAVE QUESTIONS , BUT I JUST CANT BREAK PRIVACY RIGHTS . SO I CANT SAY MORE . BUT AS I HAVE READ IT SEEMS LIKE THE FORUM IS VERY SMART AND EVERYONE HAS GREAT POINTS . SO I THINK THAT EVERYONE IS FAIR WITH THIER ASSUMPTIONS IN THIS STORY . JUST ADD 1 THOUGHT TO THAT , I REALLY DO LOVE HELPING PEOPLE FIND THE PERFECT HAT !
SO PLEASE ENJOY MY STORE . IT IS REALLY A VERY GOOD PLACE TO SHOP .

FURFELTMAN

Vendor
BanjoMerlin said:
Nothing a lawyer would get upset about. There aren't any laws that say a person can't be a jerk if he wants to.

Calling someone "eBay's Most Paranoid Vendor" on a public forum could definately come under libel or slander laws though.

------------------------------------------

OK AGREED . I WILL LISTEN AND TRY HARDER TO COMMUNICATE BETTER .
BUT THE FACT REMIANS . I LOVE HELPING PEOPLE FIND THE PERFECT HAT

MisterGrey

Practically Family
Well, the hat is marked XL, which according to Scala should fit up to a 7 5/8. And by my internal measure it shouldn't fit either of those.

MisterGrey

Practically Family
BanjoMerlin said:

Opinion is protected under libel and slander laws. It is my opinion that this person is the most paranoid seller (that I have dealt with) on eBay. By your reasoning it would be libel or slander to use hyperbolic terms in recounting an unpleasant business transaction with other potential consumers at a business.

We're also not talking about the law, we're talking about simple courtesy and professionalism. You wouldn't blink twice if this happened in a brick and mortar store?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
FURFELTMAN said:
------------------------------------------

OK AGREED . I WILL LISTEN AND TRY HARDER TO COMMUNICATE BETTER .
BUT THE FACT REMIANS . I LOVE HELPING PEOPLE FIND THE PERFECT HAT

STEP ONE: TURN IT off.

Things are much nicer this way and look less aggressive.

FURFELTMAN

Vendor
MISTA MAYBE YOU MEASURED WRONG .

THE MEASUREMENTS ARE CONFIRMED , I CANT TELL THE FORUM THE ANSWER DUE TO PRIVACY RIGHTS , BUT I CAN TELL THEM MY MEASUREMENTS ARE CORRECT .

MY XL MEASURES , JUST OVER 23 1/2 INCHES . I HAVE THE CHART FROM THE CATALOG AS WELL . AND EVERYTHIGN IS EXACTLY PERFECT AS FAR AS ALL HAT MEASUREMENTS GO .
SORRY MISTA , BUT YOU ARE NOT TELLING THE WHOLE STORY TO THE FORUM , AND I ONLY WISH I COULD TELL THEM , BUT ONCE AGAIN , PRIVACY RIGHTS I DO RESPECT .

IT IS VERY POSSIBLE THAT THE HAT WAS RUINED . I CANT TELL THE FORUM DUE TO PRIVACY RIGHTS .
BUT I WILL TELL THEM THIS MUCH , MY TRASH CAN NOW OWNS A HAT !

FURFELTMAN

Vendor
HOW ABOUT 2 SIDES TO A STORY .

Lefty said:
STEP ONE: TURN IT off.

Things are much nicer this way and look less aggressive.

I DONT GET IT , IS IT TRUE THAT MY OPINION DOESNT MATTER .
I THOUGHT THE FORUM WANTED TO HEAR FROM ME

FURFELTMAN

Vendor
WOW

Mav said:
That all cap stuff is making my eyes bleed.

WHY DO SOME PEOPLE HAVE SUCH NEGATIVE THINGS TO SAY .

IM HEAR ON THE FORUM TO GIVE AN HONEST OPINION AND TALK NICELY , BUT IT SEEMS LIKE SO FAR THE RESPONDERS ARE JUST BEING NEGATIVE TO ME .

WHEN THE TRUTH IS , I HAVE DONE NOTHING TOP ANYONE TO DESERVE THIS TREATMENT .

IM HERE TO HELP PEOPLE WITH HATS , BUT SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT I HAVE TO ALLOW THEM TO TREAT ME BAD IN ORDER FOR ME TO HAVE A SALE .

I DONT GET IT .

COULD SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME , SO I UNDERSTAND

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I think the suggestion is being made that it would make everyone feel a little more relaxed if you turn the cap lock button off on your keyboard. All capitol letters convey a feeling of LOUDNESS. :)

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
MisterGrey said:
Opinion is protected under libel and slander laws. It is my opinion that this person is the most paranoid seller (that I have dealt with) on eBay. By your reasoning it would be libel or slander to use hyperbolic terms in recounting an unpleasant business transaction with other potential consumers at a business.

Your act of posting the seller's private message to you pretty much voids the "opinion" defense.

It wouldn't go anywhere anyway.

MisterGrey

Practically Family
BanjoMerlin said:
Your act of posting the seller's private message to you pretty much voids the "opinion" defense.

It wouldn't go anywhere anyway.

How, when it is used as evidence to support that opinion?

If I say that it is my assertion that X person is profane, and then play an audio recording of X person swearing profusely, how does that negate an opinion that x person is profane?

theinterchange

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
I think the suggestion is being made that it would make everyone feel a little more relaxed if you turn the cap lock button off on your keyboard. All capitol letters convey a feeling of LOUDNESS. :)

:arated:

I'm being dead serious and very polite when I say that posts in all caps hurt my eyes. I find it very hard to read through your posts FURFELTMAN. It'd be much easier to read if you just turned the caps off and left everything lowercase if you don't like hitting shift to capitalize the first letter in a sentence or proper names. ;)

Randy

FURFELTMAN

Vendor
YOUR OPINION IS OK WITH ME !

MisterGrey said:

We're also not talking about the law, we're talking about simple courtesy and professionalism. You wouldn't blink twice if this happened in a brick and mortar store?

I WASNT STATING THAT YOU CAN NOT MAKE AN OPINION BASED THRED , oops , ok capos lock off now .
i was stating that im not allowed to mention anything about the sale on the forum, i was respectling your rights thats all .
but i am here for a few minutes . and i would like to talk with the forum as much as i can .
could you also let them know that the prices were great , the shipping and the responses were fast as possible . that help people understand what good qualities i do have , i will be the 1st to agree im not perfect , but i actually do try much harder than i am getting credit for .
and i hope people will see i do really want happy custtomers with great hats to show for thier experince and great shopping fun .

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
MisterGrey said:
How, when it is used as evidence to support that opinion?

If I say that it is my assertion that X person is profane, and then play an audio recording of X person swearing profusely, how does that negate an opinion that x person is profane?

Opinions don't have proof. If you provide "evidence" to support your "opinion" then you are stating a fact and not an opinion.

I know it sounds like splitting hairs but that's the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy