Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eBay's Most Paranoid Vendor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
theinterchange said:
It'd be much easier to read if you just turned the caps off and left everything lowercase if you don't like hitting shift to capitalize the first letter in a sentence or proper names. ;)
No, that's not cool either. Make an effort or hit the road. Like capitalization is such an effort. :rolleyes:

FURFELTMAN

Vendor
theinterchange said:
:arated:

I'm being dead serious and very polite when I say that posts in all caps hurt my eyes. I find it very hard to read through your posts FURFELTMAN. It'd be much easier to read if you just turned the caps off and left everything lowercase if you don't like hitting shift to capitalize the first letter in a sentence or proper names. ;)

Randy

yes agreed . no more caps lock typing
you asked nicely , and all i can do is try to learn , and grow , i want to have the best store for you guys .

FURFELTMAN

Vendor
goota go soon

hello again everyone .

i have enjoyed all your responses , some nice some help me learn , and some well anyway ...

i hope that evryone can agree with 1 thing .

this has been an entertaining post from this buyer .

and it brought me to the forum , this is my first day here . other than doing a little reading .

so i hope i am welcome here , because i honestly do want everyone to enjoy my fur felt hats .

i will be responding for a couple more minutes , but i do have to get back to work , so i wish everyone the best .

and hopefully we can all agree on 1 thing . fur felt hats are really cool !

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Based on the posts here, I do not believe that this is ebay's most paranoid vendor.

Hmm. Opinion + "evidence" seems to still be opinion.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
BanjoMerlin said:
Opinions don't have proof. If you provide "evidence" to support your "opinion" then you are stating a fact and not an opinion.

I know it sounds like splitting hairs but that's the way it is.

Completely untrue. Stating one's basis for an opinion doesn't make it fact. Probably best for you not to opine on legal topics, since it's clear that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

FURFELTMAN

Vendor
thank you to all the lounge readers !

thank you all for your input .
i hope everyone has enjoyed the post . and my replies .
i look forward to helping some of you at the store on ebay .
so for anyone who wants to take a look , please type in new fur felt hat scala or stacy adams brands are my most popular , so please search by those brands to find me easiest .
anyone who offers 50% best offers today will win at 1/2 price , on any buy it now fur felt hat .
all the fur felt hats are genuine fur felt ( no wool , just 100% rabbit or beaver fur )
so , for those who like fur felt hats . please come try my store .
i love helping everyone find the perfect hat !

:D

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
jimmy the lid said:
Completely untrue. Stating one's basis for an opinion doesn't make it fact. Probably best for you not to opine on legal topics, since it's clear that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Actually it is you who seems to lack the knowledge on the subject.

Stating the basis for the opinion makes it a "statement of fact." It does NOT make the statement true.

The whole basis of defamation determination is whether or not a "statement of fact" is indeed true.

Nik Taylor

One of the Regulars
popcorn.gif

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
Lefty said:
Based on the posts here, I do not believe that this is ebay's most paranoid vendor.

Hmm. Opinion + "evidence" seems to still be opinion.

"Based on the posts here, I do not believe that this is ebay's most paranoid vendor." This is indeed a statement of opinion since you put those wonderful little words "I do not believe" in the statement but you did not provide any evidence of your own to support your opinion.

"I think Joe Blow is a crook" and "Joe Blow is a crook" are not the same. The first is a statement of opinion and the second is a statement of fact. By definition, the first is indeed true but the second may or may not be true.

"I think Joe Blow is a crook and here is my evidence to prove it." falls into the statement of fact category because it is an attempt to show that the opinion is indeed fact.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
BanjoMerlin said:
"Based on the posts here, I do not believe that this is ebay's most paranoid vendor." This is indeed a statement of opinion since you put those wonderful little words "I do not believe" in the statement but you did not provide any evidence of your own to support your opinion.

"I think Joe Blow is a crook" and "Joe Blow is a crook" are not the same. The first is a statement of opinion and the second is a statement of fact. By definition, the first is indeed true but the second may or may not be true.

"I think Joe Blow is a crook and here is my evidence to prove it." falls into the statement of fact category because it is an attempt to show that the opinion is indeed fact.

The statement "Joe Blow is a crook" is susceptible of being perceived as a statement of fact for purposes of a defamation anaylsis, whether it is true or not.

On the other hand, the statement "Joe Blow is the worst person in the world" is not susceptible of being perceived as a statement of fact. A statement need not contain the qualifier "I believe that" or "I think that" to be deemed nothing more than mere opinion, particularly where, as in the preceding example, the statement clearly consists of nothing more than hyperbole. Providing examples of why Joe Blow is the worst person in the world does not serve to render such a statement a "statement of fact" that is therefore somehow actionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic