Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eco-friendly

true vintage

New in Town
Miss Neecerie said:
If you like Carmex...have you tried the new Burts Bees Medicated with clove oil lip balm?

I find its almost carmex like.....but granted...i still do use Carmex....I am just a lip balm addict and have a million different kinds
Burts Bees lip balm is my favourite most delightful treat!

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Paisley said:
I like Badger Balm cuticle care, but their lip balm didn't do anything for my cracked and bleeding lips. Had to go back to Carmex today--they already feel better.

It's definitely a very light balm...I probably wouldn't use it for severe chapping, either! I sometimes use L'Occitane balm for that, though it doesn't wear very well. Burt's Bees is pretty good, but don't use the new honey kind! It sounds like a good idea, but it's a lousy lip balm.

pgoat

One Too Many
Audrey Horne said:
* We changed all our light bulbs to energy efficient ones
* We recycle more items (not just bottles and cans)
* We just bought portable bottles and a water filtration container and stopped buying plastic water bottles. This is a big deal because we only drink water, do we were going through a lot of bottles before
* My husband rides a Vespa scooter to work, and I carpool to school.

I echo those above - we do the light bulbs, etc. We take mass transit (subway) to work, though I prefer to ride my bicycle whenever I can. Bicycle commuting is a lot easier than you think and it will get you in better shape with a minimum of pain. You also save a lot of money!! I will say I've thought about getting a Vespa eventually and we will definitely get a hybrid when our current little car dies.

Check out www.bikeforums.net for a commuter's chat board.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Paisley said:
Have you tried refrigerating the water? My grandparents from southwestern Missouri had tap water that smelled and tasted like rotten eggs, but when it was cold, it tasted fine.

Yes, but it quickly reverts back when it's taken out of the fridge. It doesn't help that I prefer my water at room temperature most of the time!

Regards,
Tom

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Tango Yankee said:
Yes, but it quickly reverts back when it's taken out of the fridge. It doesn't help that I prefer my water at room temperature most of the time!

Regards,
Tom

Have you tried a different sink? My kitchen water is nasty, I couldn't even take a sip because the smell would come up, but I could brush my teeth with the bathroom water with no problems, so I took a drink, and discovered it tasted fine. I think there must be sediment in the kitchen pipes, and not in the bathroom pipes. I went so far as to boil and then chill my kitchen sink water & it was still awful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo