ELC type A-2 Rough Wear 1401P

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Gav, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Cooper A-2

Cooper A-2 Practically Family

Super! perfect, thx.

2. Jeremiah

Jeremiah A-List Customer

I just got a Monarch New off the bay. Do you normally wear a 47? The Monarch I ordered was 40 but the measurements shown look like it will have a nice fit with some room to spare. My BK Dubow fits nice but is a little restrictive when I cross my arms or reach out. The Monarch has a little more room in that area of the shoulders. Also chest is 1.5" wider. The only thing I am a little nervous about with the fit is the back length is about 2.5" longer than my Dubow. But at that length it should have the nice look from Gav's jacket over the waist knits. Sleeves are 25" from my 23" on dubow which are short and when I reach out again they go past my wrist bone. A little annoying when driving. So we shall see.

3. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

I'm a 46 but have quite broad shoulders, my RW 46 was a bit too snug & restrictive, sizing up in the Monarch will give me decent shoulder room & a little more space in the chest. I go between a 46 & 48 with ELC dependant on jacket cut :)

davyjones007 likes this.
  4. Jeremiah

Jeremiah A-List Customer

gotcha. Thanks.

bn1966 likes this.
  5. Gav

Gav A-List Customer

Don’t forget to post pictures when your monarchs arrive. I loved it when I tried it. I seem to remember it being trimmer than the RW but I could be confused.

Jeremiah likes this.
  6. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

Great jacket, nice fit!

7. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Had a conversation with Rob: Bigger than the RW :)

Gav likes this.
  8. Jeremiah

Jeremiah A-List Customer

So you don't have to size up in the Monarch? Thats good. I was under the impression that the monarch was a trimmer (athletic) cut as well. Interesting.

EDIT: I went here and had a comparison of sizes. Check the roughwear 46 and compare to the monarch 46. once you click link, you need to check product measurements at top for both.

https://www.historypreservation.com...rough-wear-clo-co-1401-p-in-vintage-warhorse/

https://www.historypreservation.com...ying-jacket-monarch-mfg-co-contract-no-23378/

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    davyjones007 and Gav like this.
  9. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Monarch gives an extra inch on the chest :) most generous cut on the 'Original Makers', tried the 48 on at ELC a few weeks ago...comfortable

Thanks for the link

Gav likes this.
  10. Gav

Gav A-List Customer

I guess I was muddled. I tried on so many at the first pop up.... and so many times.
    Last time I only had eyes for the RW.

11. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

That RW is a beauty Gav, going 48 Monarch here just for a change & breathing space.
    B-3 in November but a 46 (my chest size) as the 48 ate me :)

Spoke to Rob today at ELC, 'Pop Up' date & venue not confirmed yet for this year in Shoreditch.

12. Gav

Gav A-List Customer

I’d like to try a b-3 again. My 44 was too restrictive. I’m dubious about it being worthwhile for me though. I commute into London and it’s too warm on trains and tubes to wear a b-3.
    My N-1 has served me well for years on the other hand so I may just stick with cloth jackets for winter.

13. Jeremiah

Jeremiah A-List Customer

You mean 1/2” right. I see 25.5” as opposed to 25” for the RW.

14. Marv

Marv A-List Customer

sweet ass RW mate, looks really cool.

Gav likes this.
  15. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

:) Would give another 1" on the chest

Jeremiah likes this.
  16. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Sold my 46 Irvin which leaves a 'gap' (shoulders were a bit snug chest was OK), B-3 '50 Cal' in a 46 fitted a treat (wider shoulders) & would be worn when coldest... probably with only a T Shirt underneath. I have nice N-2B's & a minty N-2A should I want a nylon fix. Alpha B-15 covers 'beater' duties :)

davyjones007 likes this.
  17. Gav

Gav A-List Customer

A0F1FEAA-AD5A-470B-9194-D2936796ADD2.jpeg Worn every (rainy) day since arrival. The character of the hide is beginning to show through.

Dudleydoright, Dr H, Jeremiah and 4 others like this.
  18. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Nice one Gav...I always use rain as part of a 'break-in' :)..got me salivating....

19. davyjones007

davyjones007 One of the Regulars

A-2's just seem to get better the more you wear them like no other jacket. I think it's the HH that gives them that great look.

Dudleydoright, bn1966 and Jeremiah like this.
  20. Gav

Gav A-List Customer

Quick update on my jacket - worn most days since April now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]