ELC type A-2 Rough Wear 1401P

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Gav, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Hh121

Hh121 One Too Many

Thanks for the update, is the leather absorb water easily?

2. Gav

Gav A-List Customer

Yes it does

Hh121 likes this.
  3. bn1966

bn1966 Call Me a Cab

Nice Gav!!! Ordered a Monarch contract A-2 when I visited Eastmans yesterday, asked for lots of broken grain. Tried on a G-1 whilst there, that's next on the purchase list.

davyjones007, Dav and Gav like this.
  4. Dudleydoright

Dudleydoright A-List Customer

That is one cracking jacket you have Sir ! Going a size up often works for us broader blokes. Otherwise you can look like an overstuffed sausage ! With it being a little loose, the jacket can drape rather than stretch over the body.

I'll be at Duxford in September. The only way i'll now buy a jacket is if I can see, touch and try on one in advance. Too many times I've ordered one and not been quite happy with how it looks : grain, colour etc.

As they say; it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission (when talking about wife - she just does not get my interest in jackets !)

Enjoy your jacket with the cooler weather we are now getting.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    davyjones007, bn1966 and Monsoon like this.
  5. Gav

Gav A-List Customer

Thanks man. I have been sweating in Japan for the past 3 weeks. Too hot to think of wearing A-2s. Back in the UK in a week or so.

6. Dudleydoright

Dudleydoright A-List Customer

Been sweating here too til this week. Able to wear my A-2 today though !

bn1966 likes this.
  7. Brettafett

Brettafett One Too Many

My ELC RW1401 ordered at Flying Legends is imminent (this will be my 3rd and hopefully last ! ).
    Funny, as Mr 'doright was saying.... I usually wear a 40 long, but went with a 42 long this time round. Just felt better.
    My broad shoulders, trim waist... Helped so much being able to try on the different contracts/ jackets available again.
    I feel lucky, as the 1401 is my all-time favourite contract.
    Just in time for the slightly cooler weather also... Pulled out an A-2 for the first time in a long time, this week.

8. Gav

Gav A-List Customer

update on my jacket after about 20 months 44B93B4F-D446-4C74-94E5-BB13BD720F91.jpeg

9. kojax

kojax Practically Family

breaking in nice