Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
The Craft Rites arrived today. Extremely fast shipping. They are absolutely gorgeous! They are fairly light, but not quite as light as Reg said they would be, although that may be because the only other engineers I have ever handled were Role Clubs, which are also notoriously light. Either way, they are quite comfortable. Yoshi was very helpful with sizing. I went with a 10.5 and they are a little long, but the width is just about right. They are quite comfortable, but being my first engineers, they take some time to adjust to.

First off- I have never had such stiff shoes before.
Secondly- putting them on is something new considering how tall the shafts are
third- I have never had such a high heel. They aren't extremely high, but definitely something to get used to.

most importantly- My mom AND my fiancé pointed out that the boots looked too bulky. I couldn't understand this because while not super slim Chelsea Boots, but they are definitely on the slimmer side of the work and engineer boot world, which is a major reason why I chose them. However, I did notice that something looked wrong. Then my fiancé noticed the problem: my jeans were cuffed. I am short and have to cuff my jeans a bit too much. It didn't look bad while wearing my clarks, but in these, it made me look way too short and made everything look too bulky. Uncuffed and they look 987128375 times better now. So tomorrow I will be heading over to Railcar to get all my jeans/chinos hemmed properly.

Anyway, ramblings aside, a couple of crappy pics:

Role Clubs (not mine) with cuffs:
EqklIjQ.jpg

My new Attractions without cuffs:
B6qRs0y.jpg

NbrpNbe.jpg

Is it just me or are the second pics a major improvement? And I don't mean the boots, because this just makes me want my Role Clubs even more! Hurry up, please Brian;)

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That seems like a high heel on those whites

The Craft Rites arrived today. Extremely fast shipping. They are absolutely gorgeous! They are fairly light, but not quite as light as Reg said they would be, although that may be because the only other engineers I have ever handled were Role Clubs, which are also notoriously light. Either way, they are quite comfortable. Yoshi was very helpful with sizing. I went with a 10.5 and they are a little long, but the width is just about right. They are quite comfortable, but being my first engineers, they take some time to adjust to.

First off- I have never had such stiff shoes before.
Secondly- putting them on is something new considering how tall the shafts are
third- I have never had such a high heel. They aren't extremely high, but definitely something to get used to.

most importantly- My mom AND my fiancé pointed out that the boots looked too bulky. I couldn't understand this because while not super slim Chelsea Boots, but they are definitely on the slimmer side of the work and engineer boot world, which is a major reason why I chose them. However, I did notice that something looked wrong. Then my fiancé noticed the problem: my jeans were cuffed. I am short and have to cuff my jeans a bit too much. It didn't look bad while wearing my clarks, but in these, it made me look way too short and made everything look too bulky. Uncuffed and they look 987128375 times better now. So tomorrow I will be heading over to Railcar to get all my jeans/chinos hemmed properly.

Anyway, ramblings aside, a couple of crappy pics:

Role Clubs (not mine) with cuffs:
EqklIjQ.jpg

My new Attractions without cuffs:
B6qRs0y.jpg

NbrpNbe.jpg

Is it just me or are the second pics a major improvement? And I don't mean the boots, because this just makes me want my Role Clubs even more! Hurry up, please Brian;)

I think they both look great mate. I have 2 pair Wesco boss. I had never worn engineers before, I think it's just getting used to an entirely new look/ feel. I wouldn't be getting all your pants taken up or whatever. You will get used to it. I certainly did. They look great and congratulations

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
It's probably not that much of a difference for everyone, but I DEFINITELY like it better. I was cuffing 75% because I was too lazy to go get everything hemmed. This is just the push I needed.

Yeah, engineers are a whole new world for me and I love it! Thanks.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's probably not that much of a difference for everyone, but I DEFINITELY like it better. I was cuffing 75% because I was too lazy to go get everything hemmed. This is just the push I needed.

Yeah, engineers are a whole new world for me and I love it! Thanks.

Orange County, CA, next time I'm there we should meet up. These look very stylish on you, the lateral profile looks quite slim, mine doesn't for some reason.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Orange County, CA, next time I'm there we should meet up. These look very stylish on you, the lateral profile looks quite slim, mine doesn't for some reason.

Would love that! I would be down for sure. Thanks!

It doesn't? Do you have any lateral pics of yours?

@bretron and dh66: Here's the thing: My jeans are WAAAY too long for me right now. They are triple cuffed just to keep the stacks from destroying me. Having them hemmed to the proper length means I can be nice and sleek when I want, and then cuff when I need to show off. Honestly, I wouldn't be able to cuff any of my pants up above the buckles right now, so doing this gives me both options.

Plus, the reason they looked bulky was they are triple cuffed 26oz jeans... not a good idea. Now I can single cuff and look good.

andy b.

One of the Regulars
SRX,

Great combo!!!

I have a black jacket in that style, and I do like it. I like all black leather jackets. But for some occasions the black leather and all the chrome is just too much. Your jacket is just enough to downplay the extreme contrast of the normal black/chrome version to make it wearable in almost any situation (where a leather jacket is appropriate).

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Dude, SpeedXR your boots are really great. Dude only let a professional helm jeans and you can do a small cuff. We all dont need monster Brando cuffs.

That's what I'm doing. I just dropped them off at Railcar today to have them hemmed to the proper length. This will also allow me to do a nice small cuff to show off the boots if I want.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Thanks for your compliments guys.

Dude, SpeedXR your boots are really great. Dude only let a professional helm jeans and you can do a small cuff. We all dont need monster Brando cuffs.

These, have already been helm to go with all my other shoes.

Perhaps I'll buy a new pair of jeans and have them helm to go with my boots.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21