Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Creeping Past, Dec 12, 2008.

1. jon z

jon z One of the Regulars

My pleasure. I wish your friend a successful outcome. Let me know how he gets on.

2. kyboots

kyboots Practically Family

Stompers Web Site

Guys after much thought and sole searching with myself;I decided I am OK with the Stompers Web Site and pictures. At first when asked I was a little put off, but there is nothing there truly offensive. Even though it suggests a different life style I am OK with that and to each his own.. They sell good boots and have always been easy to work with, and I have had good service. The prices compete with the best, so when I buy another pair it most likley will be from them unless someone else is more competitive. Well off the subject and back to good Wesco boots!. Thanks John

3. js0930

js0930 New in Town

just to let you know, the frye rand engineers (formerly known as the brando) are on deep discount at infinity shoes (76.99 with shipping). they can only be returned for store credit, but at that price i think it's worth the risk.

4. marineabilly

marineabilly A-List Customer

All, I would jump at this price. These are one of my favorite Engineer boots (for its profile) and I decided that if I were to send a pair of Engineer Boots to Hukurokuju, it would be my Frye Brando's. Matter of fact, I already contacted Okuyama and he quoted me just over $150 + shipping for a vintage resole.

Thanks for posting this js0930!! :eusa_clap

5. js0930

js0930 New in Town

yeah when i saw the price i couldn't control myself, even though i just bought some lucchese boots and was trying to be frugal for a little bit. definitely an amazing deal.

6. marineabilly

Wesco Boss w/MP Toes - $493 and no twelve week wait. Oh yeah, and your'e not paying over $700.00.

[​IMG]

7. Trotsky

Trotsky A-List Customer

8. jimmer_5

jimmer_5 Practically Family

I am SO bummed! I ordered a pair of the Brandos and it turns out that they had a problem with the website and my size was sold out! They waited 'til the next day and sent me an orde3r canellation e-mail. Grrrr!!!! :mad:

I also ordered a pair for my wife and they were supposedly sold out too. The girl I spoke iwth said they had a problem with their system. I guess I'll just have to keep saving for some Wescos.......

9. univibe88

univibe88 One Too Many

10. PoohBang

PoohBang Suspended

I picked these up yesterday..... Anyone know more about this brand? Lots more pics on my blog.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. jimmer_5

jimmer_5 Practically Family

Nice boots! How did you get them without the 12 week wait?

12. marineabilly

Jimmer_5, these are (still?) from West Coast Shoes' factory seconds page (they're not seconds, though), so they're avail for immediate purchase. I purchased a great pair of boss' a couple weeks back, though.

PoohBang, great boots. Don't fergit about this Vintage Engineer Boot lover if you decide to let 'em go ;) .

Cheers!!

13. jon z

jon z One of the Regulars

14. marineabilly

15. PoohBang

PoohBang Suspended

I thought I'd just try a crazy price... and 5 hours later they sold... Crazy....

16. illumin8em

illumin8em A-List Customer

i have seen people posting how much Wesco custom boots are costing htem, and i cannot figure out why these amounts are always so high. I have yet to do a mock order that was over $500 after changing many things around. What are you fella doing to make your boots so expensive?

17. kyboots

kyboots Practically Family

Pooh Bang

PB those boots are great. The blog is super, the boots really look vintage '50's. I love my Wescos several pairs now too .This is a great look! John

18. Trotsky

Trotsky A-List Customer

When I got home today I found a surprise on my porch! My wife hoarked the camera, so no pics right now but let me say this: these rival any of the high end brands in this thread, hands down. Best deal for the price. They were brand new and just plain damn nice boots that are perfect for me. absolutely perfect.

19. rumblefish

rumblefish One Too Many

Does Knapp still make an Engineer Boot? I had a pair that lasted me from the beginning of high school till my late twenties.
    Part of my "uniform" in high school.

20. Optionseeker

Optionseeker New in Town

I have done a search but can find no reference to these:
    http://www.daytonboots.com/shop/footwear/

Some nice styles and an interesting history. Also good for me as they are made in Vancouver which really cuts down on the taxes, shipping and duty.

A friend of mine who was born and raised here on the Island remembers many of her biker friends (she rode an old Moto Guzzi) wearing these boots.

Anyone here have any personal experience?

J