Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Creeping Past, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Edward

Edward Bartender

Indeed. With this sort of boot, fit is as important as - and sometimes moreso than - quality of build.

2. hondurasdave47

hondurasdave47 A-List Customer

A little too rich for my blood, but I’m very intrigued by these Wesco x Black Bear Brand Engineers in raw Horween Shell Cordovan.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobHufford likes this.
  3. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

I like pretty much all the Wesco Black bear collabs but have found stock Wesco to be a bad fit for me. I really like the black CXL with raptor sole.

hondurasdave47 likes this.
  4. Mich486

Mich486 Practically Family

Does anyone know a cobbler able to relast & resole engineer boots in Europe, preferably in the UK?

All I know of are Brian and Dr Soles but both are on other continents.

5. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

EC4A3485-FAAA-4BB6-AAB9-2BD30256BF2A.jpeg
    Not even sure this is actually a company but...

BobHufford and regius like this.
  6. belopsky

belopsky One of the Regulars

Soon.

PANTHERA ENGINEER BOOTS SHOWDOWN ⚡

Our newest Heavy duty for Motorcycles gear will be revealed at @walloffades

Comfortable Engineer Boots for Road and Heavy Engine ⚡ made by finest cowhide leather, PANTHERA will be your Most Heavyduty Pull on boots for various riding thrills
    Boots preview soon~
    Stay tuned~

regius likes this.
  7. Mich486

There you go @belopsky

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  8. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

what made you decide to enter the engineer boots market?

9. Mich486

I’m not sure I know why but I find them having an innate beauty that other boots don’t have.

My first pair I bought in 2014 was a pair of Red Wing direct from the London shop. That’s also about when I started getting into raw denim through rawrdenim.com or whatever it was. Never been a denimhead though. For a long time I was content with those. Then I started spending more time researching online and once I discovered the japanese brands I saw the light and boom here I am with 5 pairs.

I’m fairly set now on to what I like. I wish there were more affordable options with a nicer silhouette. I think with £300 one should be able to get a good quality and good looking product but it doesn’t seem to be the case.

10. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

Speaking of red wing, I once had a pair of their soft toe, forgot the model number, sold by Standard Strange. Sold them, now I really miss them lol.

11. Mich486

I had the non steel toe version too with a flattish heel. Not the version with the mock leather stack. They were good boots to be honest. Red wing is like Schott but in the boot world to me. Homest lower middle tier quality construction.

12. belopsky

belopsky One of the Regulars

I actually almost got those before spending a lot more. Kinda regret it..they told me they are still available from red wing and can place the order

13. VestCoast

VestCoast One of the Regulars

Great collection! Too bad you don't wear a 10.5, those wesco 100th have a great silhouette. I don't have any experience with viberg or white's but I may try to grab a pair in the future.

14. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

15. VestCoast

VestCoast One of the Regulars

Probably the black domain bosses, they're the most versatile. Sometimes I wish I had the cxl version for some teacore action, but other times I'm glad they're blacked through. Love your new lofgrens though, If I ever have a chance to try them on and they worked I'd buy them instantly. I have a high instep though so some pull-ons are very uncomfortable.

Bfd70 likes this.
  16. Mich486

17. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

Not sure they’d work out great for you. I think the Lofgren have a slightly lower than average instep, which is why they work for me. I’ve had Wesco Boss and there was nothing I could do to make the instep tight enough.

18. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

DC5FC982-C0B3-4918-9005-F97E03225450.jpeg Day 1

Dav, Boyo, leolou and 3 others like this.
  19. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

^These will take much longer to break in. I was able to wear the black to work. Not these.

VestCoast likes this.
  20. Rigs

Rigs New in Town

Just thought I would add my reflections as a serial engineer boot wearer for going on 25 years. I still have my first pair, a beautiful Tony Mora boot which has seen many a winter motorcycling but always one up like new.
    These were joined by a pair of Sendra's, but it was the more recent purchase of a Wesco boss 1940 last that I fell in love all over again. They are superbly made boots which seem to do that rare thing fcombining both quality, comfort and style in equal measure.

I also picked up a pair of the John Lofgren burgundy boots. They are comfortable (hernia inducing left boot aside), beautifully made but feel less utilitarian (and maybe therefore less functional) work boot.

Having said that, my burgundy Lofgren donkey punchers must be the most beautiful shoes I own.

It is certainly an addiction, but I like to think a practical and stylish one at that.

Rigs