Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

jimmer_5

Practically Family
If you don't mind paying MSRP (which is what the Rogan and Rand Engineers tend to cost lately), you could try calling Frye directly (www.fryeboots.com). I just got my Rogan engineer boots by calling them - and they were actually cheaper than the online shoe websites. I was really surprised - usually it is cheaper to order from a dealer. Some of the websites were charging more than MSRP, which is ridiculous.

I was looking for a relatively obscure model, but still......

PoohBang

Suspended
I have been on a bit of a spree lately - I finally ordered my first pair of Wesco Boss - with brown leather, nickel hardware, double leather midsoles, Vibram 705 half sole, and buff (unstained, natural) welts and heels. FYI, I ordered through BigBlackBoots (www.boot.com) which is a lot cheaper than orde3ring from the Wesco website.

I also just ordered a brown pair of Frye Rogan Engineers - they have rubber half soles and a lower heel.

I would still like to try a pair of the Frye Rand (Brando) engineers some day, but I am not sure I like the more pointy toe profile. I got a great deal on a pair of them around Christmas, but had to send them back because there was a huge blemish (the size of a coffee mug) on the top of the vamp on one of the boots.

I have been wearing cowboy and engineer boots for years, and I am really excited for the Wescos especially.

Please post a pic when you get them... I wish I had the half sole option when I got mine..

blethook

One of the Regulars
Coleslawyum,

Love the suede Chippewa boots. What model are they?

Figure I'll make my first post with some Chippewa's that I have.
engineerlove.jpg

engineerlove1.jpg

Zephyrspeed

New in Town
I haven't posted on here in quite some time, but I just picked up a pair of these Frye Brando tobacco brown engineer boots so I figured I would show them off a little. My first pair of engineers were some black Work Americas, and they were great. These Frye's are also very nice and comfortable, but will take some breaking in. I bought them off ebay recently, and they were hardly used, maybe given as a gift and walked around the house once. I still have some break in to do, but I wore them all day long working out in the garage on my hot rod and I just took them off and my feet do not hurt at all. I may put an insole in them for a little padding, but they are not too bad as is. Anyway, these are a great traditional looking boot, and for half of the price of what they normally cost, it was really worth it to me without having to break the bank. Enjoy fellas.

boots001.jpg

boots003.jpg

boots002.jpg

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
Really sweet boots, I've just bought a pair myself. They have a nice broke in look already and that tobacco colour is great.
Just in case anyone hasn't seen how great these boots look broken in flip back to page 11 of this thread.

marineabilly

A-List Customer
You will not regret this purchase. They are one of my favorite pairs. I vowed to wear them more often when I return from this god-forsaken war.

Cheers!

I haven't posted on here in quite some time, but I just picked up a pair of these Frye Brando tobacco brown engineer boots so I figured I would show them off a little. My first pair of engineers were some black Work Americas, and they were great. These Frye's are also very nice and comfortable, but will take some breaking in. I bought them off ebay recently, and they were hardly used, maybe given as a gift and walked around the house once. I still have some break in to do, but I wore them all day long working out in the garage on my hot rod and I just took them off and my feet do not hurt at all. I may put an insole in them for a little padding, but they are not too bad as is. Anyway, these are a great traditional looking boot, and for half of the price of what they normally cost, it was really worth it to me without having to break the bank. Enjoy fellas.

boots001.jpg

boots003.jpg

boots002.jpg

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
I was looking for 8" or lower Engineer Boots with a Vibram deep lug sole (100 or better 100R) made out of a light brown rough-out leather for a while, but couldn't find one. I finally gave into the temptation of getting them custom made from Wesco, I'll keep you posted when they materialize :)

Last edited:

jimmer_5

Practically Family
From where can they be bought please?

Check on eBay - there is a seller who seems to stocka ll the sizes of Work America Engineer boots.

I have considered ordering a pair of these, but there seem to be a few variations in the look of the sole. If you look at Marineabilly's pics and then look at the stock Work Ameraica photo, the tan midsole layers seem to look different.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Hukurokuju in Tokyo. He's done quite a few pairs for me.

Hukurokuju does some impressive custom repairs!! may I ask how much they charged you for a stacked leather heel, leather-midsole and vibram outsoles? And how long would it take them to do the customisation?

I saw some nice Redwing Beckman-jobs, including the use of Catspaws.. I would really like to have them customize my Beckmans..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner