Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

mlwdp

Familiar Face
IMHO, Wesco Mr. Lou has a pretty tight pass through. I have what some would consider “low volume” feet. Even though I measure a solid 9D on Brannock. I wear a 8D in Wesco. They fit me perfectly. They’re snug pulling them on and off, but foot sits comfortably in the boot, without a lot of heel slip or rubbing.

Check out our discussion here:
How exactly are you pulling yours off? Boot jack or by the heels?

DanielPetmr

New in Town
The 'Made in' debate crops up eventually in every thread here, at some stage.

If you want to avoid stuff made in China, I guess you'd have to not buy pretty much every piece of electrical equipment on the market, which will have some component made or assembled there...

As for clothing, how many of the products known and loved as 'Made in the USA' are produced in China? Probably more than people would like to hear about, including boots, jeans, coats, etc.

Is there a 'China' test for quality? Nope. The truth is that good, bad and indifferent products are made all over the world, including in China.

For example, chocolate products made in the USA are renowned in the UK and Europe for being tasteless, over-sweetened bars of gloop, bearing little relation to actual chocolate.

Consumption is a matter of personal choice, of course, and there are many reasons — including politics and ideology and previous experience with relative quality of products — why people might choose not to buy from particular vendors/sites/places... and many reasons for people buying positively pool deck resurfacing jacksonville, too.

Apologies for the off-topic rant. I'm getting booooooorrrrreeeedddd with all the dark hints and warnings about Chinese products.
due to an illness that's weakened my freaking ankles and just in general messed with my feet, i can no longer wear my beloved frye harness 12r boots. they're just too damned heavy and the way they fit, my ankles tend to roll out on them ... and down i go. crap. double crap. crap crap.

anyway, that being the case, anyone know of similar style boots, in the same taller height, that maybe weigh a whole bunch less? i figure the chipewas, harleys, etc, are all the same. but maybe not. thoughts anyone? thanks!

Motocann

One Too Many
due to an illness that's weakened my freaking ankles and just in general messed with my feet, i can no longer wear my beloved frye harness 12r boots. they're just too damned heavy and the way they fit, my ankles tend to roll out on them ... and down i go. crap. double crap. crap crap.

anyway, that being the case, anyone know of similar style boots, in the same taller height, that maybe weigh a whole bunch less? i figure the chipewas, harleys, etc, are all the same. but maybe not. thoughts anyone? thanks!
I also own a pair of Frye harness boots. I can say, they’re definitely heavier boots. I would say, just about any other pull-on boot is going to be much lighter. I just picked up a pair of Wesco short-stack engineers from the Shop Vancouver. Super comfortable.
https://theshopvancouver.com/collec...ural-veg-tanned-horsehide-boss-engineer-boot#

Also, Red Wing Chelsea boots like the 3191 are super comfortable pull-on boots. Light as a feather on your feet.

andyone

A-List Customer
Roleclubs arrived today.
- new last 1945
- Italian horsehide leather

Configuration was inspired by @dudewuttheheck

46163797gb.jpeg

46163798eq.jpeg

46163799fd.jpeg

46163800yc.jpeg

46163801cq.jpeg

mlwdp

Familiar Face
Yes, I use a boot pull. But, sometimes if I’m at work, I don’t have one handy. I just bring my foot up, and grab it by the heel and pull it off. Unbuckled of course.
I feel stupid saying this but I haven’t unbuckled them out all when taking them off with a boot pull or with my hands. No wonder they were a pain sometimes without the boot pull.

RossRYoung

Practically Family
The Italian leather feels thicker than the CXL on my other RC. Touch is nice and the colour is gorgeous!
I wonder which tannery it is from.

This is my first pair of RC, though I find the HH to be the thinnest of the 4 engineers I own (though only one other HH, lofgrens DC).

In fact, I already got a pretty deep gouge on the shaft that I have know idea how it even happened, I’ve only wore them casually a few hours. I’ll post some pics shortly, as they are breaking in nicely, but I have a feeling it’s due to the HH being on the thinner side.

Here’s the specs from Brian btw:
Maryam Brown Italian Horshide
Brass Hardware
Woodsman heel
Chocolate Brow edge finish
Yello Fireman stitch
Toe track
Off white stitch on upper
RC brown cork halfsoles and heels
shoelast:1945
soft toe box

Fifty150

One Too Many
What's the lead time for Brian Truong? How long do you have to wait, from the time you order the boots, to delivery? Does Brian The Bootmaker ask for the full payment upfront?

andyone

A-List Customer
What's the lead time for Brian Truong? How long do you have to wait, from the time you order the boots, to delivery? Does Brian The Bootmaker ask for the full payment upfront?
Lead time by his homepage is 6 month. I think it's different for returning customers, but not sure about that.
To order a boot you pay a deposit: 1000$.

NCF

New in Town
Hey, maybe a silly question but when perusing the internet I find Lofgren ”engineer boots” and ”wabash engineer boots” and what’s up with that?

Edit: what I meant to say, are these two kind of different boots, and if they are, what is the difference between the two?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner