Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Fifty150

One Too Many
A slightly lighter boot isn't a bad option to have around for off the bike use.

Over all, these are good boots. Just not thick, heavy, and rugged. I like them. Very versatile. I will wear them with my semi-formal, the next time black tie is requested. As opposed to cowboy boots, which is what I normally wear with my black tie.

Indigo Wave

New in Town
Red Wing 2970 dead stock. The shop owner closed down the business and piled the goods in the warehouse. I took them home immediately without any hesitation. I think I'm a luck guy today.

Attachments

• IMG_1856.jpeg
    IMG_1856.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54

RossRYoung

Practically Family
My lofgrens have, by far, the tightest shaft of my engineers. I loathe the same process, but love the snug fit once they’re on. I usually struggle taking them off too!

Tyler Durden

Familiar Face
My lofgrens have, by far, the tightest shaft of my engineers. I loathe the same process, but love the snug fit once they’re on. I usually struggle taking them off too!

Initially I would use a steamer on the shaft just at the pass through right above the heal cup and at the instep just under the strap. I use long shoe horn, and plastic bags. The struggle was definitely a lot of work but has since got easier.

Now I’m noticing less shoe horn, no steam, and a lot less work. I still have 2 other pairs to work this process through as well. I look forward to the day of popping them right on, if that day ever comes.

I do recommend dress socks too at least for the beginning break in stages. This is now my 4th pair of Lofgren’s and it’s like the first time all over again. When I had my first pair I didn’t even make it to this point. So I’m pretty excited !

Last edited:

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
^^ I recall Knapp shoes/boots. they probably folded in the late 80's.. where i used to work the Knapp shoe salesman would come by every few months and take orders..if you ordered he would then bring your boots back with him on his next trip to the shop..It was an interestinhg process and an interesting way to make a living.. I didn't think much about it when I would order from him, as I was a dopey kid with a good job buying boots.. now that im about his age now I think about how hard the Knapp shoe guy was grinding to make a couple of bucks.. different world. filled with different men..

Anyway..Knapp shoes would be American made, probably very solid

Tyler Durden

Familiar Face
^^ I recall Knapp shoes/boots. they probably folded in the late 80's.. where i used to work the Knapp shoe salesman would come by every few months and take orders..if you ordered he would then bring your boots back with him on his next trip to the shop..It was an interestinhg process and an interesting way to make a living.. I didn't think much about it when I would order from him, as I was a dopey kid with a good job buying boots.. now that im about his age now I think about how hard the Knapp shoe guy was grinding to make a couple of bucks.. different world. filled with different men..

Anyway..Knapp shoes would be American made, probably very solid

That’s amazing man. Some things were just the way they should be back then.

* VEB did a little write up on the boots a while back.

http://vintageengineerboots.blogspot.com/2010/05/knapp-engineer-boots.html?m=1

ashigaru

New in Town
Got extremely lucky and found these Mister Lou's in exactly my size, 12D as the last pair in stock. I took it as a sign I was meant to have them. I was nervous because of all of the sizing discussions I've seen online. I'm happy to report these fit like a glove and are surprisingly comfortable! I'm blown away at how sturdy these boots feel and they look great.

I'm interested to see just how long it takes to break these in.

IMG_6058.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6064.jpeg
    IMG_6064.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6049.jpeg
    IMG_6049.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member